ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council house & child benefit & tax credit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vertue
Newly Registered

council house & child benefit & tax credit

Post by vertue » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi all.

i am living in one bedroom flat. i brought my family in 2010 they are still on spouse via. " no recourse to public fund" endorsed on passport. i applied with local council for 3 or 4 bedroom house they saying they can not treat my family with 3 or 4 bedroom house because they are not entitle to it. i've asked why can not they said council houses are public fund. but i am paying rent through my pocket. i never claimed housing benefit. i'm a british citizen plus my 2 kids too. they are just offering me 2 bedroom house but not 4. can you please any one advise what is my right? i understand i can not claim housing benefit but are they entitiles to get a bigger house with me or not?

can i claim child benefit & tax credit or not? will this affect thier visa status or not?

any advise and help? will be highly appreciated

thanks in advance.
v

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 pm

can you clarify - are your child British or not - you initially say your family are here on a spouse visa with no recourse to public funds, but then you say your children are British? how many people are living in your house?

vertue
Newly Registered

Post by vertue » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 pm

myself & 2 youner kids are british but other 3 and wife on sponsor visa. pushing council will breach the law?

your response is highly appreciated.

regards

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm

You cannot request the amount of bedrooms you want from the coucil. They will offer you a property accordingly. If you have children under a certain age they will be expected to share, even if it is a girl and boy.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm

I'm locking this thread as there's already one running in Claiming Benefits.