ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - PEO Croydon - 15th March

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - PEO Croydon - 15th March

Post by ckdeepak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:14 pm

I got my Tier-1 extension approved yesterday at Croydon. Overall, it took about 4 hours.

Mine was almost a straightforward application as I am "Employed". The process was like how it was described by a lot of other people in the forum.
  • 1. Security Check.
    2. Application form checked at a counter on the ground floor and was given a token.
    3. Payment with HSBC Visa debit at the first floor and was given a payment receipt.
    3. Application form checked and some data entered into the computer on the first floor.
    4. Biometrics on the first floor.
    5. Application with supporting documents (with copies of statements and payslips) received in a counter on the first floor. The lady at the counter mentioned that it will take at least 2 hours from there.
    6. After 1.5 hours, Approval letter + documents were given back in another counter on the first floor.
I never had a chance to meet the case worker.

Deviations from a "normal" application:
  • 1. Applied with 10 months' payslip and bank statements.
    2. Out of 10, 2 of the bank statements were duplicate statements on HSBC letterhead.
    3. March bank statement was a temporary statement on HSBC letterhead.
    4. Applied 5.5 months in advance. My current visa expires on the 1.09.12. Yet to know when my current visa is issued from.
    5. I recently got married and my wife is yet to apply for a dependent visa in India. So, I applied as a Married person without a dependent.
Waiting for the BRP now.

Initially, I didn't want to spam this forum with another "experience" thread. But reading others people's experience who were in a similar situation as mine was really encouraging and reassuring for me. So, I record mine as well.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who shared their experience and knowledge. Any questions on my appointment, let me know.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Only one question, Can you book an appointment for me online :lol: ? The site says no appointments , Congrats !! for your VISA

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm

:) Thanks and I wish I could help you on that. But apparently, reading the posts of a lot of other people on this forum, it seems possible to book at 12 in the night.

I booked mine at around 9 in the morning on 29th Feb, when the system was actually supposed to be down until 10 according to the UKBA homepage notice (it was down from the 28th, I guess).

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi,

congrats for your success.

i am gonig for my extension on 22nd March at PEO croydon.

can you please let me know which address we should use while addressing in the letters issued by the HR of my company ?

Please suggest.

Regards
subba.

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:22 pm

I do not know if that matters so much. But I guess the following address should do fine, in my opinion.

The UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY