ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company name changed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sahib

Company name changed

Post by Sahib » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Dear All,

My Tier 1 (G) extension is due soon, will highly appreciate if experts can help on below issue please.

My comany ABC was working under bigger group XYZ. From January 2012, my company ABC was taken over by the group and the new name now is XYZ (which was the group name). The new company name depleted the old stationary i.e letterhead, stamp and payroll system etc. There was nothing else changed within the company except the cahnge of business name.

I did not get my formal salary slips for Nov & Dec 2011, i got these printed on plain paper instead. When i spoke to HR manager, i was told that we ran out of salary slips stationary at that time and these can not be reprinted now beacuse of the new payroll system.

HR manager suggested these can be printed on letter head ( with new business name XYZ)

My questions are;

1- Will this be acceptable beacuse I worked for company ABC but salary slips will be printed on XYZ letterhead?

2- What sort of document/s I can send with my application to prove the change of business name?

Many thanks in advance

nolada

Post by nolada » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 am

easy man, deal with it u changed ur employer during the last 12 months and calculate the earning in the last 12 months sepreatly [b]ABC LTD [/b]from xxx to xxx and [b]XYZ Group [/b]from xxx to xxx,
the pay slip changed according to change the employer and will b accepted as print out every company have its own style "but your data the same eg. NI tax code etc" but stamp and signature it will make it more realistic and acceptable [/b]

Sahib

Comapnay name changed

Post by Sahib » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank you Nolada,

but the problem is I did not get my formal salary slips from company ABC (which is taken over by company XYZ in January 2012) for Nov & Dec 2011, i got these printed on plain paper instead. When i spoke to HR manager, i was told that we ran out of salary slips stationary at that time and these can not be reprinted now beacuse of the new payroll system. HR manager is ready to print these on new comapany XYZ letterhead and said she is ready to give me any sort of letter explaining the change of company name.

According to the rule;

If I do not have formal slips these can either be stamped or printed on company letterhead but i can not use either of the options as both stamp & letterhead changed to new name XYZ.

So my original questins are still there ;

1- Will this be acceptable to get NOV & DEC 2011 salary slips printed on new company XYZ letterhead? I worked for company ABC during that time but salary slips will be printed on XYZ letterhead.

2- What sort of document/s I can send with my application to prove the change of business name?

Many thanks in advance and a big thank to senior members who are doing a great job here.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

1 - Your letterhead printed payslip will suffice. Though your company/trading name of the company have changed, you still remain employed. Get a letter from HR (if they are helpful) request them to write the letter explaining the scenario

2 - HR Letter as explained above should suffice

Good Luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:56 pm

They could at least stamp the salary slips that were printed on paper. Also get a letter from HR as suggested by Rax.
Give me more Karma (+)

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Thank you very much Rax & QuickSam.

Your valuable reply does give me a direction to work.

Sahib

Company name changed

Post by Sahib » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Rax and QuickSam,
Reference to my previous questions, can you please give me your valuable advice on below matter?

I received two letters from HR just before the company name was changed in Dec 2011. One letter explaining the change of the company name and how the process will work. The second letter explaining when and how my payroll will be changed to this new company.

Both letters are printed on new company letterhead and addressed to myself with my full home address.

1- Can you please advise if these letters (which are addressed to myself) are enough to prove the change or shall i get a letter which should address to home office? If i have to get a letter addressed to home office, can this be signed by any manager in branch?

I also spoke to one of the managers in the branch where i work (my line manager sits in other branch) and he is ready to give me a letter explaining the change and confirming my salaries earned from old name (ABC) and new name (XYZ) onto new company letterhead.

2- Please advise if this will be ok.

Many thanks in advance

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Looks good on both the accounts. Remember, do not clutter your application with different letters telling the same thing.

Best,
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Sahib

Company name changed

Post by Sahib » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Rax, Can't believe I can get so quick reply, much appreciated.

If I understand correctly, you mean a letter confirming my salary & change from any manager in company will be fine and does not matter if the HR letter explaining the change is addressed to myself??

Thanks again and highly appreciate your dedication to help others.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Company name changed

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Sahib wrote:Hi Rax, Can't believe I can get so quick reply, much appreciated.

If I understand correctly, you mean a letter confirming my salary & change from any manager in company will be fine and does not matter if the HR letter explaining the change is addressed to myself??

Thanks again and highly appreciate your dedication to help others.
Your always welcome. I have some leisure time on my hand while struggling with my Excel and VB :(

Yes, the letters you explained from your manager would be perfect (See if you can have them stamped). If you are going in person, then carry the HR letters with you too, just in case if CW wants to see.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Many thanks Rax, Yes we do have stamp here in this branch and will stamp the letter.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi,
Reference to my previous mails regarding change of employer name, the letters are all sorted. thanks for everybodays' help.

I am filling in application form and came across page 36 where it is asking for ' source of earnings, details of employer; name of business etc'.

Company name mentioned on my payslips - from month 1 to 10, old company name and from month 11 to 12 new company name. There is consistency in 'taxable pay to date' on the new company payslips (after comay name changed from ABC to XYZ) as total of previous earnings are transferred to the new pay slips.

Shall i mention separately how much i earned when i was working under old company name and income earned after company started trading under new name or shall i just tell total earned (from previous and new company name) in one line and mention the new company name?

Thanks in advance

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:50 pm

List separately

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Again, a big thank to you Raxs. Appreciate your prompt replies. :D

There might be more questions to ask as i have just started filling in application forms 8)