ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post office for Biometrics

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandyganz
Newly Registered

Post office for Biometrics

Post by Sandyganz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 pm

We are in the process of getting our Tier 2 - work visa and one dependent visa renewed. The application was submitted almost a month and a half ago and finally we received the letter for the Biometrics.

We are in London now and the earliest possible appointment we could get is end of April 2012, that too in Cardiff. Its a morning appointment - the only one we could book in the next 3 months.

We are eligible to have the biometrics at the post office too, which I read was a walk in service. Would like to know if anyone has used this facility SUCCESSFULLY. We have plans to travel to our home country in May and are a little desperate to get the whole process completed as soon as possible.

Is there anything we should watch out for? Is it worth trying?

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:14 pm

You should be able to do at the post office without any problem - we have successfully done our biometry at a post office. They will tell you what to do.

Good luck

Sandyganz
Newly Registered

Post by Sandyganz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Ignore...duplicate message.
Last edited by Sandyganz on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandyganz
Newly Registered

Post by Sandyganz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Thank you for your reply shivuk. We are the first among our friends to try it, so was a little unsure. Guess its not such a big deal after all. :D

Any advise on what timing to pick? We are planning to go to the Canning Town Post office next Tuesday in the morning itself. Is there usually a queue for this service? Just want to go prepared and decide if we need the whole day off work or not.

M3g466

Post by M3g466 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 am

Hey, i did my biometrics in London Post office, i walked in at around 12 noon and there was no one else other than me. They will let you in a booth and take digital finger prints and photographs, after that you pay in the counter and its done!

katiebennett

Post by katiebennett » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

hi everyone please wat did you cos reference number look like? was it codes or numbers please