ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Form Questions - please help with some points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gtx2010

SET (M) Form Questions - please help with some points

Post by gtx2010 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 pm

SET (M) Form Questions - please help

My wife needs to apply for her ILR next month. Please advise with the following queries related to the SET(M) form.

1. In Page 3 payment details needs to be filled in if applying in person using premium service and paying by card at the public enquiry office?

2. Under SECTION 6 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS Question 7 on Page 10 - "Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?" I had fingerprints taken when I applied for Spouse visa in backhome, shall I put the details of this in this section? I thought I have to provide new biometrics when I apply in person for ILR in one of the public enquiry office? Also question 10 on same section "Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad" shll I give details of British High Commission in backhome or the VFS center where I submitted my application and fingerprints were taken?

3. We got married in backhome, can we submit our backhome Marriage certificate with translation that we used the same for spouse visa application? Or do we need to register anything in UK?

4. My wife applying for ILR, utility bills are under my name and my wife's name. Do I have to fill in the section "If the account with the bank or utility company is in the joint names of the applicant and other people, each of those others should sign the following declaration :" ? Or this section "If the account with the bank or utility company relates to another person who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person* should sign the following declaration :"? BTW I'm providing financial support for my wife.

Many many thanks in advance for your help!!!

chrisrich

Re: SET (M) Form Questions - please help with some points

Post by chrisrich » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:05 am

Hi gtx2010, will answer your querries in number format just as you wrote them

1.You must fill the payment details on the form whether premium or postal application

2. Answer Yes, mention the center where you submitted your application & had finger prints taken. It is highly likely they will take them again

3.Submit the marriage certificate & the translation, you don't need to register anything

4.Both of you should sign the part which says " if the account. with the bank or utility company is in both names ......
I hope that helps
God has made everything beautiful in its time

gtx2010

Re: SET (M) Form Questions - please help with some points

Post by gtx2010 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:14 pm

chrisrich wrote:Hi gtx2010, will answer your querries in number format just as you wrote them

1.You must fill the payment details on the form whether premium or postal application

2. Answer Yes, mention the center where you submitted your application & had finger prints taken. It is highly likely they will take them again

3.Submit the marriage certificate & the translation, you don't need to register anything

4.Both of you should sign the part which says " if the account. with the bank or utility company is in both names ......
I hope that helps
Thank you very much chrisrich! Really appreciate your help!