ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need to have required Salary code for 6 months?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

auz
Newly Registered

Do we need to have required Salary code for 6 months?

Post by auz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I am currently earning 25k and my salary code for tier 2 is 28k.

My salary has just gone to 28k.

Do I need to have 6 months on this salary, i.e should my salary be 28k for 6 months at least or am i ready to go.

The letter now do states my salary is 28k.

Please help me, i appreciate it.

Regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 pm

what is your current immigration status?

what letter are you referring to?

auz
Newly Registered

Post by auz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Greenie wrote:what is your current immigration status?

what letter are you referring to?
Current Status is PSW.

I have just got a salary increases and this is what should be according to tier 2.

Do i have to stay with this salary on 6 month or am i ready to go.

Because when i will apply i will send my salary slip for last few months. There the salary is lower than this amount but now the salary does reaches this amount.

Please help

rbt1889
Newly Registered

Post by rbt1889 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 am

I think the payslips are only to confirm that you have actually been working for your sponsor for at least 6 months. The amount of salary has to be according to the code of practice at the time of application. I was switching from PSW to Tier 2 last year, my employer changed my salary just before the application, to match the requirements.

auz
Newly Registered

Post by auz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 am

rbt1889 wrote:I think the payslips are only to confirm that you have actually been working for your sponsor for at least 6 months. The amount of salary has to be according to the code of practice at the time of application. I was switching from PSW to Tier 2 last year, my employer changed my salary just before the application, to match the requirements.
Thank you very very much. I was waiting from a long time for some one to respond. You answer is very helpful, very practical and that was what I am looking for . I always had a doubt that pay slips just confirm you have worked for same employers for six months period. You can apply once you reach SOC. Much thanks. Really appreciate your help.

Regards

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:48 pm

auz wrote:
rbt1889 wrote:I think the payslips are only to confirm that you have actually been working for your sponsor for at least 6 months. The amount of salary has to be according to the code of practice at the time of application. I was switching from PSW to Tier 2 last year, my employer changed my salary just before the application, to match the requirements.
Thank you very very much. I was waiting from a long time for some one to respond. You answer is very helpful, very practical and that was what I am looking for . I always had a doubt that pay slips just confirm you have worked for same employers for six months period. You can apply once you reach SOC. Much thanks. Really appreciate your help.

Regards
auz you should have searched the forum, This has been mentioned many times here. Anyways glad its sorted now. In future if you have a question do a search first, The chances its already answered is very high :wink:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

katiebennett

Post by katiebennett » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 pm

hi everyone please wat did you cos reference number look like? was it codes or numbers please