ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bond123

Cohabitation documents

Post by bond123 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Please can you advise if previous letters from Homeoffice count as cohabitation documents as its Government agency I submitted 2 letters.

I didnt have enough cohabitation documents for on my wife's name, so I had to submitt when applied for out ILR. the below is the list of ducuments I supplied.

1) Letter from GP/ Hospital - 2
2) Bank Statements - 2
3) Letters from Homeoffice - 2
4) Letter from DVLA - 1

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation documents

Post by push » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 pm

bond123 wrote:Please can you advise if previous letters from Homeoffice count as cohabitation documents as its Government agency I submitted 2 letters.

I didnt have enough cohabitation documents for on my wife's name, so I had to submitt when applied for out ILR. the below is the list of ducuments I supplied.

2) Bank Statements - 2
4) Letter from DVLA - 1

Thanks
Such letters should not be more than 2 years old. This is from 39 of the SET(O) Form:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

bond123

Re: Cohabitation documents

Post by bond123 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 pm

push wrote:
bond123 wrote:Please can you advise if previous letters from Homeoffice count as cohabitation documents as its Government agency I submitted 2 letters.

2) Bank Statements - 2
4) Letter from DVLA - 1

Thanks
Such letters should not be more than 2 years old. This is from 39 of the SET(O) Form:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
Hi Push

Thanks for your reply, the Homeoffice letters I supplied with my application as a part of Cohabitation documents are not more than 2 yrs old, I just wanted to confirm is that still vaild as I saw many post in forum but no one mentioned about homeoffice letters vaild as Cohabitation documents, thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Oh yes, very much. Home Office Letters fall in the category of "Official Letters"
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

would credit card statements count as an official letter?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 pm

You can include anything that has your name and address...even junk mail if you're desperate for proof. It doesn't have to be only official letters.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:47 pm

ok cheers..

bond123

Post by bond123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 am

push wrote:Oh yes, very much. Home Office Letters fall in the category of "Official Letters"
Thanks for your reply Push

I need one more help.

My SET(O) form was correct and free paid was correct when applied on 03 March 2012. Acknowledgement letter received and payment deducted, but I have got little problem which I realised later

When the new SET (O) VERSION 02/2012 forms were available on Home office website there was wrong information on the form and hence I completely missed SECTION 10. The below is the detail explanation.

After completing section 9 E1 the directive instructs to go to section 11 - documents. This was a WRONG information in SET (O) form VERSION 02/2012 I believe section 10 – Biometrics is a mandatory section for all applicants and hence I have filled out missed Section 10 and have attached with the letter on 15 March 2012 and sent via special delivery to LIVERPOOLE office with below details as its says in The ILR Guidance Notes

think one can supply more information even after applying. So if you think there is some correction required then one can inform UKBA after application.

17 CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED

If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted, made
in person or delivered by courier
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

Pls can you advise if it is correct course of action of do I need to do something else. I am still waiting for Biometric appointment letter.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bond123

Post by bond123 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

bond123 wrote:
push wrote:Oh yes, very much. Home Office Letters fall in the category of "Official Letters"
Thanks for your reply Push

I need one more help.

My SET(O) form was correct and free paid was correct when applied on 03 March 2012. Acknowledgement letter received and payment deducted, but I have got little problem which I realised later

When the new SET (O) VERSION 02/2012 forms were available on Home office website there was wrong information on the form and hence I completely missed SECTION 10. The below is the detail explanation.

After completing section 9 E1 the directive instructs to go to section 11 - documents. This was a WRONG information in SET (O) form VERSION 02/2012 I believe section 10 – Biometrics is a mandatory section for all applicants and hence I have filled out missed Section 10 and have attached with the letter on 15 March 2012 and sent via special delivery to LIVERPOOLE office with below details as its says in The ILR Guidance Notes

think one can supply more information even after applying. So if you think there is some correction required then one can inform UKBA after application.

17 CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED

If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted, made
in person or delivered by courier
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

Pls can you advise if it is correct course of action of do I need to do something else. I am still waiting for Biometric appointment letter.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
please advise on this, many thanks

tomerps
Newly Registered

Post by tomerps » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:28 pm

The dates of the items of correspondence should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. Required items are 6 items.

Examples of acceptable items (original) of correspondence

bank statements/letters

council tax bills or statements

water rates bills or statements

electricity and/or gas bills or statements

tenancy agreement(s)

building society savings books/letters

telephone bills or statements

mortgage statements/agreement

letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visit etc

home office letters (tier 1 , hsmp, tier 2)

The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you have been staying at your friends or family house please get letter from them as well or if you both partners have been living at different locations, please provide the reason in letter and proof that you have been in touch during this time.