ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 4

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Switch from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 4

Post by sabuj263 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello,
My PSW will be expired on Mid November 2012. I was studying MSc in IT while in PSW visa. I have got about 6 months. But Tier 2 seems like not possible due to work experince despite I am trying to secure a Tier 2 level job. My college offers Phd. Time is flying. My questions are,

Can I switch from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 4? I have two dependents my wife and 6 months old son. Can anyone help me with related information please?

I came to UK April 2005. Is there any more opprtunity available to extend my stay to 10 years to apply on human rights grounds?

Many Regards

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:27 am

I am also in same situation. I am sure you can switch into Tier 4 (General) without leaving the UK if you have or were last given permission to stay as
Tier 1 (Post-study work). If you are taking a course at postgraduate level in higher education provider then your dependent can also stay with you otherwise they cannot.. I also need one and half years to complete my ten years residence in UK

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Post by sabuj263 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for reply. Yes, you were right. I have seen on UKBA website yesterday. The link is

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/#

Does any one know in 10 years residece the psw 2 years will be counted or not?

Many Regards

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

sabuj263 wrote:Thanks for reply. Yes, you were right. I have seen on UKBA website yesterday. The link is

Many Regards
It will be counted. Any lawful leave will be counted.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 pm

sabuj263 wrote:Thanks for reply. Yes, you were right. I have seen on UKBA website yesterday. The link is

Many Regards
Yes it will count as it ask for 10 years of lawful residence in the UK. You must not been out of the UK for a single period that exceeds six months. you must not have lived outside the UK for more than 18 months in total.You must have not left the UK during the 10 year period with an intention not to return to the UK and also criminal records..These are all requirements.