ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in Father's name on OCI Card

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

n_sharma50

Mistake in Father's name on OCI Card

Post by n_sharma50 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi All,

I got my OCI card last year december and then went to India for a month or so. After I came back, I noticed that my Father's name is spelled wrongly.

No one questioned my while i was going to India or coming back to UK, but I would like to get it fixed and corrected.

Can I simply walk to the HCI and request some observation to be made on my OCI card with correct name?

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks
N

n_sharma50

Post by n_sharma50 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:24 pm

23 views and no response. Has anyone else had such issue before?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:04 am

I doubt if you will get specific information related to this, but you would need to go down to HCI and get this error rectified. Hopefully they should not charge you anything to change this (as it was their error to begin with), but then you can always be given the 'check before you leave the counter' argument, which would mean you would have to pay a fees and probably wait to get this corrected.

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, the last time I heard from a HCI person, you would have to make an affidavit for 9£ and then give the OCI card for name correction. You will have to go to HCI in the morning to submit and then collect the OCI in the evening.

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:02 pm