ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Calculating continuous period in UK - Tier 1(General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam_raj
Newly Registered

Post by sam_raj » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi,

I had entered UK 1 month after(July 2007) my visa starting period in 2007(June 2007) through HSMP and extended my stay using Tier 1(General) in 2009, as per the modernised guidance
"Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months."
But this rule is not added to the SET(O) guidance, please clarify whether this rule is valid now and anyone has got ILR using this rule.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Thanks in advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 am

You can apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your Entry Clearance.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 am

There are success stories on this board where people used this section for thier ILR purpose.

All you need to do is to mention this section in your cover letter for your ILR and that will do the job. There are many things not published in the guidance notes.
The question is... to be or not to be....

apvn
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Calculating continuous period in UK - Tier 1(Gener

Post by apvn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Sam

Have you been successful with your ILR application under this guidance?

thanks,
AP

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR - Calculating continuous period in UK - Tier 1(Gener

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:37 pm

sam_raj wrote:But this rule is not added to the SET(O) guidance
Because it's a general application form for several and various types of settlement application. The 3 month late-entry concession does can't be used with every type of settlement application that is covered by SET(O).

apvn
Newly Registered

Post by apvn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:47 pm

I am in Tier 1 general visa(2 years on HSMP and switched to Tier 1 general for 3 years). After I got my initial entry clearance(under HSMP scheme) I entered UK after 2months, 28days (89 days). I was planning to do an extension this month end. Am I eligible and can use this guidance for ILR? Please advice as I am very much confused as some say this is only applicable for Tier2. Reading the guidance document I interpret this is applicable for all Tier's and few other categories. I even checked with 4 solicitors where 2 of them said I can apply with this rule and 2 of them said I can't. I am very confused..please help ..

Please let me know if anyone successfully used this rule to get ILR before 5 years continuous stay....

Initial UK Entry clearance: 25/10/2007
Date of entry to UK : 21/01/2008
Date of expiry of residence permit : 25/10/2012

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, you're fine. You can apply after 27 Sept (which is 28 days before the expiry of your current leave).

apvn
Newly Registered

Post by apvn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks you very much for confirming..I have booked on 27th Sept ..hope that's okay