ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsure if I am elligible for long term residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lerato
Newly Registered

Unsure if I am elligible for long term residence

Post by lerato » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am

Morning everyone,

I am currently a student being studying for almost 9.5 years. I came in England on the 16 June 2002 as a visitor and from December 2002, I changed my visa in to a student visa. I was refused due to financial problems for the first time in 2006 and went to court after the court hearing, fortunately I won the case. In August 2009 I was refused a student visa because they found out that my college was bogus of which I didn't know until then. So I went to court and was unsuccessful from court in at the time when I went to court I found and registered which a new college. I lost the case in court May 2010, and they gave me if I can remember well 4 working days to appeal to high court so I decided to send a new application within those 4 days and I was given a visa with the new college in June 2010. I went home for 4 weeks that yeaar during school holidays.

I am due ten years on the 16 June but my question is do I qualify? The reason I am asking this question is I am worried that because I was refused and made a fresh application this might cancel my previous history. I applied within the 4 days that the court gave me to appeal through the high court. Another thing is last year I went home for two months during the school holidays.

Thanx in advance.

Lerato

crb

Post by crb » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:28 pm

In both circustance of going to court, did you appeal within the given time ??
And a fresh application will not discontinue your 10yr residency, but i am not sure about the time spent during your case in court!!!

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Unsure if I am elligible for long term residence

Post by quantum1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:21 pm

lerato wrote:Morning everyone,

I am currently a student being studying for almost 9.5 years. I came in England on the 16 June 2002 as a visitor and from December 2002, I changed my visa in to a student visa. I was refused due to financial problems for the first time in 2006 and went to court after the court hearing, fortunately I won the case. In August 2009 I was refused a student visa because they found out that my college was bogus of which I didn't know until then. So I went to court and was unsuccessful from court in at the time when I went to court I found and registered which a new college. I lost the case in court May 2010, and they gave me if I can remember well 4 working days to appeal to high court so I decided to send a new application within those 4 days and I was given a visa with the new college in June 2010. I went home for 4 weeks that yeaar during school holidays.

I am due ten years on the 16 June but my question is do I qualify? The reason I am asking this question is I am worried that because I was refused and made a fresh application this might cancel my previous history. I applied within the 4 days that the court gave me to appeal through the high court. Another thing is last year I went home for two months during the school holidays.

Thanx in advance.

Lerato
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

lerato
Newly Registered

Post by lerato » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 pm

crb wrote:In both circustance of going to court, did you appeal within the given time ??
And a fresh application will not discontinue your 10yr residency, but i am not sure about the time spent during your case in court!!!
Yes I did. All together I think it was less than 6 weeks for the courts to process and rule on my appeal. Thanx for taking time to reply.

Lerato

lerato
Newly Registered

Post by lerato » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:58 pm

quantum1 wrote:
lerato wrote:Morning everyone,

Thanx in advance.

Lerato
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Thanx for sending me the link, I read Section 3c and d and I still can not understand which category I fall in to be honest. I am still confused.

medusa
Newly Registered

Post by medusa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:00 pm

good afternoon,

I am replying on old post as I started it but I am unable to log on to my old account and I didnt want to do multiple posts.

I ended applying on the FLR(M) was granted 2.5 years which is ending in August and now I will be applying for longterm residence under 10 years route. My two questions are regarding 1,life in the uk test and 2, the english language qualification. I have done both and passed in 2011 and submitted to home office while I was a student. Do I need to redo this again as I cant get any information on the HO website.

Regards