ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Humanity Protection or Asylum for Syrian

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harastani_uk
Newly Registered

Humanity Protection or Asylum for Syrian

Post by harastani_uk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello,

I am a PhD Student in the UK and am going to finish soon. I stayed in the UK for more than 4 years. I am worrying about returning back to Syria this time because of the violence in there and the possibility of being arrested in the airport. I am as well against the regime in Syria and participated in many demonstrations of Syrian opposition in UK, in addition to my activities over social network using my name.

PSW is stopped at the end of this month when I didn't finish totally my PhD. I want to ask about the possibility of applying for humanity protection or asylum and stay here in UK.

Your response is highly appreciated.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Gather all evidence you can which make you think make you life might be in danger if you return to Syria, and then go to discuss it with solicitor.

Of course you have always have posibility to apply for humatarian protection or asylum. But it depends on your own individual circumstances and strength of your evidence in order to be granted your request.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Humanity Protection or Asylum for Syrian

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 pm

harastani_uk wrote:Hello,

I am a PhD Student in the UK and am going to finish soon. I stayed in the UK for more than 4 years. I am worrying about returning back to Syria this time because of the violence in there and the possibility of being arrested in the airport. I am as well against the regime in Syria and participated in many demonstrations of Syrian opposition in UK, in addition to my activities over social network using my name.

PSW is stopped at the end of this month when I didn't finish totally my PhD. I want to ask about the possibility of applying for humanity protection or asylum and stay here in UK.

Your response is highly appreciated.
Hi!

Speak to a solicitor and get some advice, I was thinking that you could also apply for further leave, meanwhile you contemplate what to do.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

$uperman

Post by $uperman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:52 pm

I am quite agree with the above post , you may apply asylum if you have well founded fear of prosecution into your country or origin but it depends on your own individual circumstances and strength of your evidence and case in order to be granted your request
$uperman