ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn visa requirements!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asif_rn
Newly Registered

Newborn visa requirements!

Post by asif_rn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi,

I relocated to UK under HSMP in 2004 with family, got my 3yrs extension in 2005. My wife recently gave birth to our second child. We are planning to travel this year in December and I need to sort out newborn status!

I was told that newborn can’t be granted British citizenship as none of his parents (us) are UK national. Therefore, I’ll have to apply for his ‘Residence Permit’ as a dependant, as in case of my wife and other elder son.

I'm filling a FLR (O) form for this purpose. There is a section in the form where applicant's finance information is required. I'm filling this form for my 5-month old son (on his behalf!) and this is going to be a 'dependant-applying-separately' sort of case. My question is, do I need to fill all financial details under 'Section 3'? Obviously, those details are going to be mine not my son's (who is the main applicant) and even the required bank statement etc will come from me!

There's nothing mentioned on the form that if one is applying for a dependant who happens to be newborn then do this …! Or keep information specific to the dependant or whatever! Logically, I don’t need to fill such sections as Home Office already has these details from my extension application … but if I leave it my application could be turned down because it seems incomplete!

Need help on this SMALL issue.

Tks