ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will this work..One last try

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

Will this work..One last try

Post by envisageamit0024 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Everyone,
I previously posted if I could get the visa on provisional results. From the replies its clear I won't. I had a resubmission and so my letter is getting delayed. After knocking on every door of the university departments, Its clear they won't help me by conducting an early board meeting. So I was thinking, If I make an application and they reject it. Can I appeal saying that I had actually flunked my dissertation due to medial grounds which I had used to make an appeal in the university for resubmission? If I get rejected, How long do you get to make an appeal and How much time can an appeal take if applying from outside UK. India to be precise.! If I make the initial application as late as 5th april, then appeal can I stretch it till May and submit my letter of award?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 pm

you don't get a right of appeal if you apply from outside the UK. You can only apply for administrative review in the event of a refusal and they will only look again at the documents you provided with the applicaiton and review whether you scored the required points. They don't consider arguments about why you didn't finish in time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Are you actually asking for advice and comment on how to make a false declaration? You are in the wrong building! If you apply without the qualification and apply from outside the UK, you will get an administrative review rather than an appeal, and this should be completed in 28 days. Unlike an appeal, you can´t submit new evidence with an AR. However, even if you do apply in the UK and are granted an appeal, anything that did not exist at the time of the application generally will not be considered by the appeal judge. They distinguish between allowing fresh evidence that did not previously exist and preexisting evidence that was previously omitted. Only the latter is permitted (according to the guidelines but who knows what?). Your degree will not exist when you apply and, accordingly, may not be considered subsequently.