ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - Claim points for earnings made overseas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

osc
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - Claim points for earnings made overseas

Post by osc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:22 am

Hi,
I got a Tier 1 General Migrant visa since 2009 and plan to apply to extend my 2-years stay in the UK soon. My question is as I just come to UK and have not got the proper job here, nevetheless for the past 15 months I have earned sufficient funds overseas which may be able to claim the necessary points to extend my visa. May I claim points for a 12-months period of earnings all made overseas during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying?

Thanks in advance!! :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 extension - Claim points for earnings made overse

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 am

osc wrote:Hi,
I got a Tier 1 General Migrant visa since 2009 and plan to apply to extend my 2-years stay in the UK soon. My question is as I just come to UK and have not got the proper job here, nevetheless for the past 15 months I have earned sufficient funds overseas which may be able to claim the necessary points to extend my visa. May I claim points for a 12-months period of earnings all made overseas during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying?

I am sure you can. However, you do nt get something called uplift ratio. Wait for the others to comment, as its not my area of expertise. Also to bear in mind that you will not be able to claim the points for the uk experience.

Thanks,
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

osc
Newly Registered

Post by osc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

raxs1983 wrote:

I am sure you can. However, you do nt get something called uplift ratio. Wait for the others to comment, as its not my area of expertise. Also to bear in mind that you will not be able to claim the points for the uk experience.

Thanks,
R
Hi raxs1983, thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Since the existing Tier 1 (General) guidance doesn't mention this explicitly. I do worry much about this, would like to see if anyone could help give much more comments on this topic. Thanks.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 am

It depends which country your earnings are in? You need to get the necessary points using the salary abroad without applying the uplift ratio as stated by Rax. Convert it to Pounds and check if you are getting the necessary points. If you are, you can extend using the salary abroad.

You should have salary slips, bank statements, tax receipts etc from the country where you have the earnings.
Give me more Karma (+)

osc
Newly Registered

Post by osc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:02 pm

QuickSam wrote:

It depends which country your earnings are in? You need to get the necessary points using the salary abroad without applying the uplift ratio as stated by Rax. Convert it to Pounds and check if you are getting the necessary points. If you are, you can extend using the salary abroad.

You should have salary slips, bank statements, tax receipts etc from the country where you have the earnings.
Thanks, QuickSam. I understand that I am not able to adopt the uplift ratio for the Tier 1 General extension.

According to you and Rax, it seems I am able to use my 12-months earnings made aboard to claim points. Under this circumstances, is there any concerns/restrictions on my application due to lacking of the work experiences in the UK(for example, I do not have National Insurance)? In addition to this, my total stay in UK may be only few months of 3 years visa granted. Will it have any impact on my application? Thanks.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Doesn't make any difference. You will just not get the 5 points for UK experience.
Give me more Karma (+)

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Post by tier1HS » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi OSC,

Just keep in mind that, if your earnings are in an overseas job, and you come in to UK, your application is likely to be subject to lot of checks by UKBA.

If that happens, you will need to submit your passport and wait in UK till those checks are over.

Please consider the impact of this on your employment overseas.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 pm

What do you mean by you've just come to UK. You said you've got your visa in 2009? Can you please explain........