ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit ticked two boxes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marian2012

Child benefit ticked two boxes

Post by Marian2012 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

Hello I applied for SET M and in the section child credit tax ticked two boxes and in the other ,child benefit ticked two boxes instead me or my husband it will be reaosn fr refusal should I send a letter explaining it with evidence ?

friend12345

Re: Child benefit ticked two boxes

Post by friend12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 am

Marian2012 wrote:Hello I applied for SET M and in the section child credit tax ticked two boxes and in the other ,child benefit ticked two boxes instead me or my husband it will be reaosn fr refusal should I send a letter explaining it with evidence ?
If you are subject to immigration control, under no circumstances you are allowed to claim Public Funds ( Child benefit ), it should only be claimed by the one who is not subject to immigration control, Tax credits should be claimed in both names in case of married couples which is a law that it should be claimed in both names.
What you should of done is tick child benefit for the person who is not subject to immigration control and leave applicant's box empty, do the same for Tax credits even its claimed in both names.
I would suggest write a covering letter explaining it all.

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I sent a letter today telling child benefit and child tax credit are on my husband's name only and attached the letter of the child tax credit but it shows my name due to procedures of that kind of benefit .

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Marian2012 wrote:I sent a letter today telling child benefit and child tax credit are on my husband's name only and attached the letter of the child tax credit but it shows my name due to procedures of that kind of benefit .
That's perfectly fine, its a requirement that tax credits should be claimed in joint names, no worries at all 8)

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Many Thanks I was really worry about that