ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extn: Data Protection Subject access Form -Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajvam
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extn: Data Protection Subject access Form -Query

Post by rajvam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi All,

I have received a letter from Home Office today asking me to "Complete
the data protection subject access form(DAT1) "
I submitted my biometrics on 28th Feb 2012 with one dependent.

Did anyone receive similar letter? Is this a new requirement?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extn: Data Protection Subject access Form -Query

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 pm

rajvam wrote:Hi All,

DAT1 refers to - Application for Access to your Personal Data held on Police Service of Northern Ireland Information Systems

Have you ever lived in NI ??
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rajvam
Newly Registered

Post by rajvam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Yes, I lived in Northern Ireland for a year,
3 Months from my previous 12 months work has been in NI.

Is it only for anyone lived in NI ?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm

rajvam wrote:Yes, I lived in Northern Ireland for a year,

There you go. UKBA biometric is not linked with NI PNC (Police National Computers) due to constitutional differences. PNC records every crime that you may have and UKBA needs to verify that you do not have anything outstanding in NI's PNC database that needs dealing in criminal court.

If you are clean, well in either case, you will need to fill the form in and send it back. It works similar to that of Scotland Disclosure (if you don't know what that is, google it)

Thanks,
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

rajvam wrote:Yes, I lived in Northern Ireland for a year,

Oh yes, I forgot to attend the second Question. It would only apply to the applicant who have spend time in NI.

rajvam
Newly Registered

Post by rajvam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks raxs1983,

The Letter stated to apply for me and any dependents,

My wife didn't live in NI, I will apply for both of us just in case.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

rajvam wrote:Thanks raxs1983,

Will be a good idea.

Good luck
R

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
rajvam wrote:Thanks raxs1983,

Will be a good idea.

Good luck
R
Hi raxs1983,

Thanks for the info. I am in NI for the last 6 years. Changed 4 addresses. Not sure how long it will take. NI police says current processing time is 2-3 weeks. Thanks for your help. Anyone who goes through the same please update the timeline. Thanks

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

4 addresses in 6 years should not be that difficult. I am positive that it does not take weeks to run this report. I applied under Subject Access in for PNC in the UK with 10+ addresses in past 7.5 years, came back in 12-14 days or so. That was me paying £10 fees with cheque !

Even if it unfortunately did take that long, it is nothing you can do now. Take it easy, you will be fine

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 pm

raxs1983 wrote:4 addresses in 6 years should not be that difficult. I am positive that it does not take weeks to run this report. I applied under Subject Access in for PNC in the UK with 10+ addresses in past 7.5 years, came back in 12-14 days or so. That was me paying £10 fees with cheque !

Even if it unfortunately did take that long, it is nothing you can do now. Take it easy, you will be fine
Thanks raxs, I have paid via postal order. It is the same £10. You are right, will wait and see. Nothing could be done so will take it easy. Cheers.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 pm

raxs1983 wrote:4 addresses in 6 years should not be that difficult. I am positive that it does not take weeks to run this report. I applied under Subject Access in for PNC in the UK with 10+ addresses in past 7.5 years, came back in 12-14 days or so. That was me paying £10 fees with cheque !

Raxs,

I was also more worried because two of my other friends in NI did not have to go through this subject access when they applied for tier 2 visa. I am the only one who receive this letter from Home Office. So was more stressed but ya now I am more relaxed. Thanks to you. :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm glad I could help. WRT, T2 friends not needing Subject access, I'm going to have to check it out for better understanding. I will update soon as I'm half asleep as I type this

Night night :)

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:39 pm

raxs1983 wrote:I'm glad I could help. WRT, T2 friends not needing Subject access, I'm going to have to check it out for better understanding. I will update soon as I'm half asleep as I type this

Hi Raxs,

re: my two friends. One had T2 a year back and other had 2.5 years back. Both did not have to fill the DAT1 form. May be it is newly introduced? OR Both of them were in NI for less than 5 years at that time but I am living in NI for more than 5 years now. May be it applies to people who are in UK for more than 5 years and have spent some or all of that time in NI also. Just a guess :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm

doc44 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:I'm glad I could help. WRT, T2 friends not needing Subject access, I'm going to have to check it out for better understanding. I will update soon as I'm half asleep as I type this

Hi Raxs,

re: my two friends. One had T2 a year back and other had 2.5 years back. Both did not have to fill the DAT1 form. May be it is newly introduced? OR Both of them were in NI for less than 5 years at that time but I am living in NI for more than 5 years now. May be it applies to people who are in UK for more than 5 years and have spent some or all of that time in NI also. Just a guess :)
I do not think 2 and half years ago this was mandatory or even a apart of application. Perhaps that was the reason they never had to fill that in.

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 1 Extn: Data Protection Subject access Form -Query

Post by doc44 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 pm

rajvam wrote:Hi All,

Hi mate, any update on your application? Will you kindly share the time line. thanks

s4shiva
Newly Registered

PEO appoinment lived in NI for 3 months

Post by s4shiva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi
I have a PEO appintment on May for Tier 1 ext.
I have lived in NI for 3 months.. Does this affect getting my visa on the same day??
Do I need to fill the other DAT form or something??

-shiva

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: PEO appoinment lived in NI for 3 months

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

s4shiva wrote:Hi
I have a PEO appintment on May for Tier 1 ext.
I have lived in NI for 3 months.. Does this affect getting my visa on the same day??
Do I need to fill the other DAT form or something??

-shiva
I have an application pending with uk ba and I am living in NI, no DAT1 request yet.

My friend got same day approval in Belfast PEO earlier this month, he lives in Belfast, again no DAT1 for him.

There is no clear cut policy, see this thread for more experiences:

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... light=dat1