ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric in Northern Ireland post office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sts96508
Member of Standing

Biometric in Northern Ireland post office

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 pm

No participating post office is located in Northern Ireland, and it is next to impossible to fly to mainland without passport/driving license.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... s/branches

Anybody travelled out of NI to scotland/england/wales by ferry/road without passport or driving license ?

Thanks

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Re: Biometric in Northern Ireland post office

Post by harpreetjagdey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:33 pm

sts96508 wrote:No participating post office is located in Northern Ireland, and it is next to impossible to fly to mainland without passport/driving license.

Anybody travelled out of NI to scotland/england/wales by ferry/road without passport or driving license ?

Thanks
I am in Scotland and traveled to Belfast plenty of times. At airport they will look for some form of identity, Mainly passport. Its similar when you are travelling via ferry from Belfast to Stranraer. May be you can get away showing them UK driving license or Home office letter....Not sure....

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I can't find any link, but someone posted in this forum that from next month something like 117 post office will have biometric appointment facility.
I am sure that would also include NI.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

sts96508 wrote:No participating post office is located in Northern Ireland, and it is next to impossible to fly to mainland without passport/driving license.

Thanks
Have you not been able to get your biometrics done in NI PEO?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 pm

shahjee11 wrote:

Thanks
Have you not been able to get your biometrics done in NI PEO?
The earliest peo appointment available is for apr-13, which i have booked, but ofcourse would prefer post office if possible

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm

nnj10 wrote:I can't find any link, but someone posted in this forum that from next month something like 117 post office will have biometric appointment facility.
I am sure that would also include NI.
Thats correct, 104 post offices. But it starts on apr-10, and i wanted to avoid cooling my heels for the next 20 days if I could!!