ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) PEO appointment 6th March - Missing BRP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krs133

FLR (M) PEO appointment 6th March - Missing BRP

Post by krs133 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 am

Hi

My partner applied successfully for an unmarried partner visa on 6th March. Her BRP has not yet arrived and the 10 working days elapsed yesterday. I called DX this morning who advised no deliveries were scheduled for our address. I have emailed the BRPDelivery email address specified on the letter we received on 6 March which has sent an automated response advising we will be contacted within 5 working days.

My questions are

i) Has anyone else had this experience with a BRP not arriving after a PEO appointment? I've searched the forum and most people who had PEOs early March seem to have received their BRPs quickly.

ii) Is there anything I can do to expedite a response from UKBA (e.g. a number I could call) as we would like to at least know the delivery status of the BRP as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

krs133

Post by krs133 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

Received a prompt reply this morning saying that owing to high demand for BRPs, there has been a delay in production and we can expect it in the next 3-7 working days. Annoying, but at least it hasn't been lost somewhere.

krs133

Post by krs133 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi

The BRP has now been received. The date of expiry is 06.03.14 (two years from the date of approval, as it should be) but the "date and place of issue" is 21.03.12 (funnily enough the same day that I emailed to ask where the BRP was!).

Am I right in assuming that the "date and place of issue" is simply the time when the BRP was physically produced and is not treated as being the date when leave commenced?

It's a minor point, but I just want to be sure that when the ILR application comes around it doesn't get turned down because "date and place of issue" on the BRP is less than two years from the date of expiry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi,

I would query the 'start date', which should be the same as the date you applied and were granted permission.

When I switched to spousal in 2010, my appointment at PEO was on 14th April. I received my BRP about 2 weeks later and the start date was definitely 14 April 2010, not any other date after my application date.

Again, when I applied for ILR recently on 23 March, my BRP reflects the start date as date I applied.

Thanks

Char

krs133

Post by krs133 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted the BRPError email address regarding this and they told me that the "date of issue" is simply the date of production - the records still show that my partner's leave started on 6th March 2012 so the date of issue won't affect the date she becomes eligible for ILR.