ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for 2nd Extension or ILR .. ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mat101
Newly Registered

Apply for 2nd Extension or ILR .. ???

Post by mat101 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey fellows,

Sorry for asking this question, but I guess there is some confusion among different posts. I am mainly confused :?:

Here is my current situation:

HSMP Visa stamped: 15 Nov 2007 (initial visa for 2 years)
First Entry to the UK: 9 Jan 2008
(stayed for 2 weeks for interviews, got the job, then went back)
Work started: 16 Mar 2008
Got extension in Oct 2009 for 3 years
Dependent joined me here in the UK on: 26 Jun 2011
My visa expiring on: 15 Nov 2012 (this year)

My questions are:

1/ Should I apply for ILR in Nov 2012. Does my entry lies within the 3 month rule?

2/ In case, I apply for ILR, then after getting the ILR, do I need to switch dependent to FLR(M) dependent, as the dependent does not meet 2 year stay requirement?

3/ If I need to switch my dependent to FLR(M), does Home Office reset the stay in the UK for dependent and they have to spend two years on FLR(M) OR they cover the previous stay as Tier-1 Dependent.

4/ Should I wait till June 2013, so that main applicant and dependent apply for ILR at the same time. To do this, I have to apply for 2nd extension. Would there be any side effects or problems because of 2nd extension?

Based on your feedback, I am planning to take decision whether to go for ILR in Nov or apply for 2nd extension, as the fee is going to be £750 from 6th April..!!

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Apply for 2nd Extension or ILR .. ???

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 pm

This post is in the wrong section. It needs to be in ILR section not Tier 1.

You are anyway well within 3 month threshold so it depends on CW's discretion to grant you ILR. Your dependant will not get the ILR so he/she would have to switch. I am not sure if you could switch in country.

I don't think periods reset but I am not an expert on that. There are no side effects of 2nd extension, the only issue might be that you will not be able to apply for citizenship till 2014.
Give me more Karma (+)

jojybaba

Re: Apply for 2nd Extension or ILR .. ???

Post by jojybaba » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 pm

I think for children and spouse different rules,for spouse 2 years require which is not needed for children,they can get ILR if even less than 6month but not for spouse

r better to wait for any senior member reply

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 am

Hello Seniour Members,

Can I have your words please, regarding the issue I am facing? Any suggestions?

Thank you.
-M

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Previous stay as a Tier 1 dependent may be taken into consideration.
4. Your choice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.