ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Early Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kishorechowdary

Tier1 Early Extension

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Guys

My Tier1 Visa Expires on May 8th 2012.

I want to apply for a extension on april 5th 2012 ie approx 35 days Before.

Can i apply 35 days before my visa expiry date??

I get my salary every month of 27th but i can request my employer to pay me on april 2nd or 3rd and show it as april salary.

Will this create any problem?? ie getting salary in a diff date than the regular date which is 27 th of the every month.

I will send the bank statement later may be after one week.

I just want to avoid the new fees hike & apply before april 5th.

If this whole thing works i will be able to save 1000£.

Please let me know your inputs.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 am

You can apply upto 35 days earlier no problem. And I do not think that will affect your ILR either depending on how soon you entered the UK after your EC date
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Manka10

Re: Tier1 Early Extension

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:23 am

kishorechowdary wrote:I get my salary every month of 27th but i can request my employer to pay me on april 2nd or 3rd and show it as april salary.
Are you trying to pull a fast one here ? if you will be paid in beginning of april, will that be march salary or april ? if march then whats the point of delaying ? if april then find me a job in your company :wink:

if its april salary then you will be asking your employer to pay for work you havent done, CW can see through it
Manka

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Guys

This will be April's salary.

I need to include the april salary also in order to get 35 points in the previous earnings section.

Will it be a problem if i get my march salary & april salary on march 27th itself.

ie getting next months salary in this month.

or get my April's salary on 2nd or 3rd of april which will be 25 days early than my normal pay date which is 27th of every month.

If i am able to post my application on or before april 5th i will be saving 1000£.

If the whole thing looks risky then i have to prepare to loose 1000£ extra & apply after april 27th after i get paid.

Please let me know your insights on this.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Early Extension

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 am

Manka10 wrote:
kishorechowdary wrote:I get my salary every month of 27th but i can request my employer to pay me on april 2nd or 3rd and show it as april salary.
Are you trying to pull a fast one here ? if you will be paid in beginning of april, will that be march salary or april ? if march then whats the point of delaying ? if april then find me a job in your company :wink:

if its april salary then you will be asking your employer to pay for work you havent done, CW can see through it
me too :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 am

kishorechowdary wrote:Hi Guys

This will be April's salary.

I need to include the april salary also in order to get 35 points in the previous earnings section.

Will it be a problem if i get my march salary & april salary on march 27th itself.

ie getting next months salary in this month.

or get my April's salary on 2nd or 3rd of april which will be 25 days early than my normal pay date which is 27th of every month.

If i am able to post my application on or before april 5th i will be saving 1000£.

If the whole thing looks risky then i have to prepare to loose 1000£ extra & apply after april 27th after i get paid.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary
I am struggling to understand how your payroll works !!! Can you instruct them when would you like to get paid for which month? Thats what I am getting from your post.

There has been debate around this already (search the forum) but I am not in favour of using the salary for which you have not yet worked. In your case, wanting to claim April 2012 salary and appear/post the extension on 27th March.

You are suppose to claim points BASED ON YOUR PREVIOUS EARNING and not expected future earnings.

kishorechowdary

Post by kishorechowdary » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am

OK Guys

Here we go.

Every month we get paid on 27th of the month but after i requested my employer they said that they can pay my april salary on 2nd or 3rd of april instead of the usual april 27th.

So in this case i am not getting paid for my future work but i am getting paid bit early in the same month.

Please let me know if you want any further details reg this.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:21 am

kishorechowdary wrote:OK Guys

Here we go.

Every month we get paid on 27th of the month but after i requested my employer they said that they can pay my april salary on 2nd or 3rd of april instead of the usual april 27th.

So in this case i am not getting paid for my future work but i am getting paid bit early in the same month.

Please let me know if you want any further details reg this.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary
Still it is future work !!! Guidance says - "PREVIOUS EARNINGS" NOT CURRENT NOT FUTURE - SIMPLE " PREVIOUS EARNINGS" Like I said we have had debate around this in separate topic on this forum. I am not inclined to work on the basis of April salary in your case but there have been different opinions. So what you opt for will be your call :)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am

kishorechowdary wrote:If the whole thing looks risky then i have to prepare to loose 1000£ extra & apply after april 27th after i get paid.

Cheers Kishore Chowdary
Better to lose a grand than risk your extension, if you are paid on 27th & you apply on 28th claiming the whole months salary then that would have been acceptable coz you dont really want to discount the whole months earning for sake of 2 days before the month actually finishes

but what you are trying to do is claim the whole months salary in advance after working for only 2 days which throws the concept of previous earnings out the window really

anyway there will be huge rush of applications before 5th april so a greater chance for docs to go missing while being handled at UKBA
Manka

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:56 am

On a different note, its £1000 & NOT 1000£ please :wink:
Manka

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:57 am

Manka10 wrote:On a different note, its £1000 & NOT 1000£ please :wink:
hahaha - spare him will ya lmao

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:34 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:On a different note, its £1000 & NOT 1000£ please :wink:
hahaha - spare him will ya lmao
no offense meant but writing figures like 1000£ could have "serious implications" mate

if you explain earnings on your covering letter like that then the CW will go "bloody immigrants" & stop just short of trashing the whole thing in the bin :wink:
Manka