ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job after applying

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rknshree

Changing job after applying

Post by rknshree » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

I was trying to get into contracting from my permanent job for a long time.
I am going to apply for tier 1 extension tomorrow or max by end of march
I have now been offered a contract job.
Will it affect my application if I change my job after posting the application?
Please suggest, should I go for it or rather wait for my extension getting approved, the employer/ agency has no problems with my visa status during this period.

Thanks,
Last edited by rknshree on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:24 pm

There wont be any issue if you change the Job after applying. You are safe.

Congrats for your Contract.

Thanks,
Mani

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I was in a similar situation during my initial Tier 1 application, where I changed job from contract -to permanent. During this time my application was with HO, and I received it back with an approval.
So it should not be a problem

rknshree

Gurus please reply

Post by rknshree » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Gurus,
Your suggestion is really required here
Thanks

Manka10

Re: Gurus please reply

Post by Manka10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 pm

rknshree wrote:Gurus,
Thanks
Dude, I dont mean any offense but do not insult the intelligence of junior members, silent_warrior has already mentioned that there was no issue when s/he changed jobs.

senior members may not have the same kind of experience what newbies can comment on so stop this ridiculous habit of asking "senior members" or "gurus" or "experts", no one is senior or junior here
Manka

rknshree

Re: Gurus please reply

Post by rknshree » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Manka10 wrote:
rknshree wrote:Gurus,
Thanks
Dude, I dont mean any offense but do not insult the intelligence of junior members, silent_warrior has already mentioned that there was no issue when s/he changed jobs.

senior members may not have the same kind of experience what newbies can comment on so stop this ridiculous habit of asking "senior members" or "gurus" or "experts", no one is senior or junior here
I am sorry If it looked like that but i did not intend to insult any one's intelligence,
And I don't think its my "habit "
I should have clarified, the answer provided was different situation, he went from contract to permanent and I am looking at going from permanent to self employed !
I do respect each and every reply I get, every single opinion counts , and builds up the confidence
Thanks a lot

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 am

I think you need to remember that Tier 1 General is granted on the basis of having achieved the qualifying points, not on the basis of being in continuous employment with a specific employer. That is the basis upon which it is granted; to help you find employment with ANY employer. You may find this "ANY" employer at any time of the visa life-cycle, I do not see any reason why UKBA will then decide that you will not get an extension simply because you changed employers during extension, and yet the visa is specifically for you to work with ANY employer.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 am

ScopeD wrote:I think you need to remember that Tier 1 General is granted on the basis of having achieved the qualifying points, not on the basis of being in continuous employment with a specific employer. That is the basis upon which it is granted; to help you find employment with ANY employer. You may find this "ANY" employer at any time of the visa life-cycle, I do not see any reason why UKBA will then decide that you will not get an extension simply because you changed employers during extension, and yet the visa is specifically for you to work with ANY employer.
Thats a valuable suggestion. Thanks. Do we need to notify UKBA about the change in Employment via change of circumstances form?

regards
Harpreet

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:32 am

harpreetjagdey wrote:
ScopeD wrote:I think you need to remember that Tier 1 General is granted on the basis of having achieved the qualifying points, not on the basis of being in continuous employment with a specific employer. That is the basis upon which it is granted; to help you find employment with ANY employer. You may find this "ANY" employer at any time of the visa life-cycle, I do not see any reason why UKBA will then decide that you will not get an extension simply because you changed employers during extension, and yet the visa is specifically for you to work with ANY employer.
Thats a valuable suggestion. Thanks. Do we need to notify UKBA about the change in Employment via change of circumstances form?

regards
Harpreet
I do not see the necessity of doing this. Tier 1 Extension requires you to earn money in order to score points. The earnings can be from any employer or a combination of employers, or from self-employment activities. The Caseworker is more interested in you providing evidence of claimed earnings than in your change of current employment. If you are changing employers while your application is being dealt with by UKBA, that has no implications on the points you have claimed as Tier 1 point-scoring is based on "Past Earnings" and not "current employment". Therefore, it is unnecessary to do so. Furthermore, the "Change of Circumstances" form lists the following circumstances:

What changes in circumstances does the UK Border Agency need to be informed of?
The applicant must inform the UK Border Agency of any changes to the following for either himself/herself or his/her dependants:
•personal details;
•criminal convictions;
•contact details;
•representative details;
•dependants’ details.
The applicant may also use this form to notify the UK Border Agency of any other information that he/she thinks that we should know

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Changing job after applying

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:48 am

I don't think there is a legal issue here but the employers and agencies don't prefer candidates with an immigration status not clear beyond a few months.

Legally you can switch, jump, bump whatever you want. The question is whether the employers would allow that ? 8)
Give me more Karma (+)