ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan spouse visa rejcted advice needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aziqbal

Pakistan spouse visa rejcted advice needed

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Guys

After reading my helpful topics i thought i would ask for some advice and share my experience

I applied for my wifes spouse visa back in April 2011 they rejected in July 2011 I appealled in September and since then I have been waiting for a oral hearing which I have been told is still 2 months away!! Its just so stressful, i did a solicator in Pakistan and he took Rs 40,000 and hasnt got back to me so now I want to contact UKBA myself

anyhow my case was rejected on the following points

Point 1
they said my wife got IELETs test mark 3.0 for speaking and 3.5 for listening and his does not meet the minimum requirment for B1 standard 4.0 and thus they dont accept my wife has met the minimum requirment

Point 2
my mum gave a letter along with a letter from our family solicator that there is enough accomodation in our house for me and my wife to stay, i also sent in land registration documents (which cost me so much to obtain) from the local council stating there was enough room, thats 3rd party support for indefinate period, they replied and said although i had provided 3rd party stay for indefinate period i didnt provide any evidence of 3rd party stay for limited period? I mean WTF?? meaning they expect me to stay for a while then move out on our own?

Point 3
They said i hadnt proved our marriage is "subsisting" even although i sent in photographs, lyca card phone bills, skype conversations and fb contact

Regarding our contact, i really dont know what else to say and how to say it, i cant prove more than that, simply put i do not know which langauge they understand

can anyone please advice how i can argue the above points in a sucessfull manner? Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Its just so stressful, i did a solicator in Pakistan and he took Rs 40,000 and hasnt got back to me so now I want to contact UKBA myself
How is a solicitor in Pakistan going to come and represent you at the hearing in UK? :roll:

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Its just so stressful, i did a solicator in Pakistan and he took Rs 40,000 and hasnt got back to me so now I want to contact UKBA myself
How is a solicitor in Pakistan going to come and represent you at the hearing in UK? :roll:
sorry should have cleared that he isnt, hes now out of the equation i need to do a new solicator in UK
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm

aziqbal wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
sorry should have cleared that he isnt, hes now out of the equation i need to do a new solicator in UK
So you have been done out of 40000 PKR

MelC

Re: Pakistan spouse visa rejcted advice needed

Post by MelC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 pm

aziqbal wrote:Hi Guys

After reading my helpful topics i thought i would ask for some advice and share my experience

I applied for my wifes spouse visa back in April 2011 they rejected in July 2011 I appealled in September and since then I have been waiting for a oral hearing which I have been told is still 2 months away!! Its just so stressful, i did a solicator in Pakistan and he took Rs 40,000 and hasnt got back to me so now I want to contact UKBA myself

Point 1
they said my wife got IELETs test mark 3.0 for speaking and 3.5 for listening and his does not meet the minimum requirment for B1 standard 4.0 and thus they dont accept my wife has met the minimum requirment

Point 2
my mum gave a letter along with a letter from our family solicator that there is enough accomodation in our house for me and my wife to stay, i also sent in land registration documents (which cost me so much to obtain) from the local council stating there was enough room, thats 3rd party support for indefinate period, they replied and said although i had provided 3rd party stay for indefinate period i didnt provide any evidence of 3rd party stay for limited period? I mean WTF?? meaning they expect me to stay for a while then move out on our own?

Point 3
They said i hadnt proved our marriage is "subsisting" even although i sent in photographs, lyca card phone bills, skype conversations and fb contact

Regarding our contact, i really dont know what else to say and how to say it, i cant prove more than that, simply put i do not know which langauge they understand

can anyone please advice how i can argue the above points in a sucessfull manner? Thanks in advance
getting a solicitor int he UK to do what exactly? and like the previous poster i am confused as to what the Solicitor in Pakistan was supposed to do?

on point 1, if your wife hasn't met the A1 standard she has to retake the test, there was a case recently about the different tests and what equates to what, but 3 and 3.5 are not 4 and 4 or actually 4.5 is the general score that i know of that people has submitted and have had accepted.

on point 2 it does not appear to make sense at all, I think i would ask for that to be clarified, but you may know more yourself depending what you had stated on the application form.

on point 3 again there is case law on what is subsisting, (BK and Others Turkey 2005 UKIAT 000174) which defines that there are 2 parts to subsisting, the Legal form ~ that the marriage legally exists, and the intention form, where the parties commitment to the marraige is assessed.

what you have provided is details of contact between you and your wife, but it may be that such contact does not show substance in the relationship? it may also be linked to the accommodation issue?

you may be throwing a lot of money at a lost cause, and it may be better to simply have your wife retake the english test to achieve the required score, and query a more precise answer to the other points so that you can put it right for the next application.
MelC

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Your new solicitor ( if you get one) can only argue the points which the fake solicitor has stated in appeal form.No decent minded UK solicitor will probably take on something prepared by an unqualified person.

My advice like that of Mel C is not to throw further money on UK solicitor here and instead use that money to make a new application and make sure you prepare the necessary docs for application

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm

MelC wrote:

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

getting a solicitor int he UK to do what exactly? and like the previous poster i am confused as to what the Solicitor in Pakistan was supposed to do?

on point 1, if your wife hasn't met the A1 standard she has to retake the test, there was a case recently about the different tests and what equates to what, but 3 and 3.5 are not 4 and 4 or actually 4.5 is the general score that i know of that people has submitted and have had accepted.

on point 2 it does not appear to make sense at all, I think i would ask for that to be clarified, but you may know more yourself depending what you had stated on the application form.

on point 3 again there is case law on what is subsisting, (BK and Others Turkey 2005 UKIAT 000174) which defines that there are 2 parts to subsisting, the Legal form ~ that the marriage legally exists, and the intention form, where the parties commitment to the marraige is assessed.

what you have provided is details of contact between you and your wife, but it may be that such contact does not show substance in the relationship? it may also be linked to the accommodation issue?

you may be throwing a lot of money at a lost cause, and it may be better to simply have your wife retake the english test to achieve the required score, and query a more precise answer to the other points so that you can put it right for the next application.
i did the appeal from Pakistan initially, the solicator submitted the appeal from there and was meant to keep me up to date and then he just went quite no word, anyhow thats the least of my concern

how do you show substance in a relationship? :roll: and how exactly do you show commitment to marriage?

i also submitted legal part, ie marriage certificate etc etc

ok regarding the Ielets test this is what i have just found out from a private msg to share

A1 is the minimum requirment, B1 is equal to 4.0 under CEFR and is 2 levels above A1, scores of 3.0 and 3.5 equate to A2 which is still 1 level above A1 so meeting the minimum requirments

so i guess the ECO didnt know his own law!!!

ok so that leaves point 2 and 3 anyone else have any more input on these 2 issues?

thanks to whoever it was who cleared up point 1, ur reward is with Allah swt

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 pm

batleykhan wrote:Your new solicitor ( if you get one) can only argue the points which the fake solicitor has stated in appeal form.No decent minded UK solicitor will probably take on something prepared by an unqualified person.

My advice like that of Mel C is not to throw further money on UK solicitor here and instead use that money to make a new application and make sure you prepare the necessary docs for application
i am not sure what u mean

if immigration have made a mistake and i can prove the points with more information why not? submitting a new application for the sake of a new application isnt going to solve my issues

they will still turn around and say the same thing until i prove it

what else do people submit to show subsisting relationship? regarding accomodation what else do people send in? i could do the same for my appeal, as long as its not new info

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi
I duno much about the accomodation and english language test issue, but regarding the issue of subsisting marriage did u submit any pictures?? Of the wedding and the time u spent with ur wife if not then u can do that mayb.
Also considering u got married last year have u visited your wife since?? U could show that mayb
Apart from that evidence of u guys living together after the wedding could help like hotel reservation, holiday etc
Money transfers, details of gifts exchanged etc jus submit anything u can think would support ur cause...

I am a lil curious about ur timeline, did u submit ur appeal late? And did u miss ur firt hearing in feb??
visa-grante:25.10.12

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 pm

syma wrote:Hi
I duno much about the accomodation and english language test issue, but regarding the issue of subsisting marriage did u submit any pictures?? Of the wedding and the time u spent with ur wife if not then u can do that mayb.
Also considering u got married last year have u visited your wife since?? U could show that mayb
Apart from that evidence of u guys living together after the wedding could help like hotel reservation, holiday etc
Money transfers, details of gifts exchanged etc jus submit anything u can think would support ur cause...

I am a lil curious about ur timeline, did u submit ur appeal late? And did u miss ur firt hearing in feb??
good points these are constructive, yes i did submit wedding pics and stayed at the PC in Rawalpinidi the night of the wedding for which i did submit the receipt and it had my name and id card number, also the pics of the mendi, wedding and honeymoon but sitll got rejected

since then i have 2 money receipts and also visited pakistan on 25th dec 2011 till 15th january 2012, and we did take some pics when we went to Islamabad view point, maybe i can submit those pics too along with the details of the visit, so is this what they mean when they say "subisiting marriage"?? i think i may have grasped it now :D

regarding the timeline, the solicator in Pakistan put us down for a written hearing in feb, then when it came to feb i found out the officer who rejected the case never submitted his findings to the courts, the courts then by law have to give them another 2 months or so for the respondent (commisioning officer who rejected the case at the embassy) to submit his docs, if he still doesnt then the tribunals and courts will make a decision without his side of the story, in that lies the delay

i only found this out when i contacted my local MP who advised to change it from written to oral hearing cus then i have a better chance to speak my case and be there in person and attend the court hearings, i will have a much better chance, so thats now in May 2012, its been more 13 months since we got married :arrow:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 pm

I think you need to give us the exact reason as per refusal and not what you think your wife has been refused on

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 pm

the 3 points that are in bold in my first post , cant be more accurate than that

however i will scan in the parts of the refusal letter and post them maybe it will be clearer, the language they use it not exactly straight forward

sakman

Post by sakman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 pm

aziqbal wrote: Point 2
i didnt provide any evidence of 3rd party stay for limited period?
this point is quite concerning. do there expect you to write that you can live there rent free but not forever as you will have to move on eventually.

as im sure many pakistani people in uk, like myself, plan to live with parents forever

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:07 pm

sakman wrote:
aziqbal wrote: Point 2
i didnt provide any evidence of 3rd party stay for limited period?
this point is quite concerning. do there expect you to write that you can live there rent free but not forever as you will have to move on eventually.

as im sure many pakistani people in uk, like myself, plan to live with parents forever

Well exactly, as many people do, I have a single mother who doesn't keep well there's no way I would move away, the whole point is to stay together

These officers are beyond dumb

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 pm

aziqbal what date did you get married and how long after did you apply for the visa?

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

look at the list u submitted

Post by tnt4ever » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Dear Can u update the list of documents you had submitted
only then some one would be able to assess or overview wt exactly been missing and what else is required
complete list..

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 am

sakman wrote:aziqbal what date did you get married and how long after did you apply for the visa?
i got married on 24th feb and stayed 2 weeks in pakistan, as soon as i got back i started on the docs and we submitted 25th april

tnt4ever i will dig out my exact list of docs and post them tommorow inshallah

btw does anyone have a link to UKBA which states what is the minimum income you must live on? is it not something like £500 per month?

today i also found out some other things, if u submit docs that are only showing evidence after ur first application was rejected the courts can reject them on the basis of them being "new evidence" and ask you to re-submit new applcation, they say the original application was correct based on the info given at the time, so u must be careful!!

anyhow if they reject me on my appeal i am not going to re-apply, i will just move country, i have a PhD and can get job elsewhere, and go to a country who has a fair immigration system, clearly UK does not have a fair system in place, i cant submit and wait 6 months for a application knowing they work under unfair foundations, no wonder this country is in this state

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:06 am

aziqbal wrote:
sakman wrote:aziqbal what date did you get married and how long after did you apply for the visa?
i got married on 24th feb and stayed 2 weeks in pakistan, as soon as i got back i started on the docs and we submitted 25th april

btw does anyone have a link to UKBA which states what is the minimum income you must live on? is it not something like £500 per month?

today i also found out some other things, if u submit docs that are only showing evidence after ur first application was rejected the courts can reject them on the basis of them being "new evidence" and ask you to re-submit new applcation, they say the original application was correct based on the info given at the time, so u must be careful!!

anyhow if they reject me on my appeal i am not going to re-apply, i will just move country, i have a PhD and can get job elsewhere, and go to a country who has a fair immigration system, clearly UK does not have a fair system in place, i cant submit and wait 6 months for a application knowing they work under unfair foundations, no wonder this country is in this state

@ Brother Aziz

I just want to point out 1 thing; don't give up!
I know UKBA & Immigration laws in UK are really horrible, but sometimes they reject first time because they are dubious and sometimes they want to confirm the relationship whether it is really existing till now. I know you have suffered more than one year but still you have a chance. Hope never dies................and do not feel dejected

You can PM your rejection letter; Being a professionally a Lawyer, In-shaa-Allah I will guide you properly to set out your application letter properly without any loopholes. and rest on rely on Allah (SWT)
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:42 am

aziqbal wrote:

You shouldnt give up... post up the exact wordings they used in your rejection and people on here will advise you...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 am

Well exactly, as many people do, I have a single mother who doesn't keep well there's no way I would move away, the whole point is to stay together

This is a bit of contradiction.Is it not?
i cant submit and wait 6 months for a application knowing they work under unfair foundations, no wonder this country is in this state
Your appeal if you decide to lodge one will take a minimum of 6 months and there is no guarantee of success at teh end of it.

You need t give teh exact wording of the WHOLE refusal notice,as the wording is important to a qualified person than a layman

MelC

Post by MelC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:54 pm

aziqbal wrote:
MelC wrote:

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

i did the appeal from Pakistan initially, the solicator submitted the appeal from there and was meant to keep me up to date and then he just went quite no word, anyhow thats the least of my concern

how do you show substance in a relationship? :roll: and how exactly do you show commitment to marriage?

i also submitted legal part, ie marriage certificate etc etc

ok regarding the Ielets test this is what i have just found out from a private msg to share

A1 is the minimum requirment, B1 is equal to 4.0 under CEFR and is 2 levels above A1, scores of 3.0 and 3.5 equate to A2 which is still 1 level above A1 so meeting the minimum requirments

so i guess the ECO didnt know his own law!!!

ok so that leaves point 2 and 3 anyone else have any more input on these 2 issues?

thanks to whoever it was who cleared up point 1, ur reward is with Allah swt
I understand fully what you have received in a pm, however there is something of an anomaly with ielts, as anything below a 4 is effectively a no grade each of the possible tests that applicants can take have different scoring systems, and how any one of them is equal to another is not easy to determine. So with IELTS the score of 4 is lowest that is a "Pass"?
you might want to look at KET instead if that option is available.

there have been decdisons that I know of that are tenuous to say the least, where an average has been "decided" by ECO's and that is not how the system works either (ie 3.0 and a 5.0 can't be an average of 4 the scores have to be 4 or more)

i think 4.0 is equivalent to around an 8 to 10 year old's language skill, and i DO NOT say that in a condescending way, only that it is a "primary" level.

so the ECO in this case, does know the score requirements. and 3.0/3.5 is sadly not sufficient.

substance and commitment to the marriage ~ you could have a hundred reports of texts/calls/letters and someone else may only have 10 and their 10 show more commitment and substance than your 100 (you and your are used in a general term not specific) a 100 "i love you/love you too" doesn't show substance or commitment, a discussion of future plans, domestic incidents/plans ~ discussions (even in electronic messages) about the mundane daily events, your wife asking if those cuttings have taken in the garden ~ things that couples who live together might talk about, did you check that tyre this morning is it still losing air? have you gone to the garage and gotten it changed, you don't want to need the car quickly and find a flat tyre ~ normal wife nagging if you like lol.

its all about credibility and intent, the Spam really could do with re-decorating, but i will wait until you are here, and we can chose the new tiles/paint whatever together.

how did your aunt get on at the doctors yesterday?

how is your cousins new job going do they like it?

as for the accommodation issue, its totally over my head, I think that is something to do with how i am reading what you have said, as i am totally not understanding it?

Do you get my drift?
MelC

MelC

Post by MelC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Point 2

is the highlighted part your "statement" that you are saying that the letters and land registration document is 3rd Party support for an indefinite period?

because you then use the words 3rd party "stay", so I am confused as to what exactly you do mean.

without knowing (and I don't want you to say on forum) the content of the letters, one cannot really comment on their sufficiency, although one would like to assume that with a solicitors letter they would be.

I am totally confused at the ECO statement ~ that they used the wording 3rd part support and indefinite and limited.

so without knowing exactly what this means, i can't possibly give you an opinion that might assist you.
MelC

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:55 pm

edit
Last edited by aziqbal on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 pm

edit
Last edited by aziqbal on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 pm

MelC thanks for the advice, please see ur inbox

batleykhan rather than picking details in the text and taking things off topic any constructive feedback will be appreciated, i am not here to convice you