ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Appointment Confusion - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gkedia
Newly Registered

Biometrics Appointment Confusion - Please help

Post by gkedia » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I have recieved letter to take Biometric. I have applied with one dependant, and even though I have recieved seperate bar code letter for my wife.. I read on this forum few people had problem at Postoffice when taking Biometric with dependant.

Moreover there are no post office in Wales for Biometric, and I was thinking of going to PEO Cardiff for Biometric, and I can see appointments for 10th April. Letter says

You have upto 15 days to either

Book an appointment to have biometrics taken at HO biometric Enrolment Centre (this service is only aviliable until 5th April 2012)

As far as I understand the letter I must book an appointment within 15 days (date on letter which is 19th March). But when it says this service is avilaible until 5th april .. I am bit confused.. will it be ok if I go book appointment for 10th April.. I guess they mean I have to book appointment by 5th April.

Anyone can please confirm this ?

Now confusion

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: Biometrics Appointment Confusion - Please help

Post by razian97 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 am

gkedia wrote:I have recieved letter to take Biometric. I have applied with one dependant, and even though I have recieved seperate bar code letter for my wife.. I read on this forum few people had problem at Postoffice when taking Biometric with dependant.

Moreover there are no post office in Wales for Biometric, and I was thinking of going to PEO Cardiff for Biometric, and I can see appointments for 10th April. Letter says

You have upto 15 days to either

Book an appointment to have biometrics taken at HO biometric Enrolment Centre (this service is only aviliable until 5th April 2012)

As far as I understand the letter I must book an appointment within 15 days (date on letter which is 19th March). But when it says this service is avilaible until 5th april .. I am bit confused.. will it be ok if I go book appointment for 10th April.. I guess they mean I have to book appointment by 5th April.

Anyone can please confirm this ?

Now confusion
hi there
same confusion I faced day before yesterday,but I decided to go to post office instead waiting for appointment.my nearest PEO is sheffiled and nearest date for appoinment was 1st of May ........
I went YORK post office yesterday with two dependants.
if you manage to get PEO appointment before 5th of April than it is still valid,no matter if it is after 15 days of letter date.
IF CAN NOT, than go to post office instead NEAR OR FAR..............

gkedia
Newly Registered

Post by gkedia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

Can someone else confirm that this letter mean I have to take Biometric before 5th April..

or bookinng PEO appointment before 5th April will be fine ?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

gkedia wrote:Can someone else confirm that this letter mean I have to take Biometric before 5th April..

or bookinng PEO appointment before 5th April will be fine ?
You have 15 days to book an appointment. It necessarily does not mean that the appointment has to be within 15 days. The actual appointment date could be even beyond a month.

You cannot book the appointment after 5th April but if you book before 5 April, you could still choose an appointment date after 10th April.

I hope that makes sense.

:lol:
Last edited by QuickSam on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give me more Karma (+)

gkedia
Newly Registered

Post by gkedia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks a lot Sam for your help, thats what I understood.. but wanted to recheck with you Gurus... I guess you mean 5th April in your post.

HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2
Newly Registered

Post by HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 am

Are you 100 percent sure Sam is right? I don't want to mess this up and I have a similar situation I booked my appointment at the Cardiff office before april 5th and my appointment is on April 11th. It says on the website that you will no longer be able to do biometrics at a PEO office after April 10th. I can picture myself attending and then being told they no longer do it.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 am

HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2 wrote:Are you 100 percent sure Sam is right? I don't want to mess this up and I have a similar situation I booked my appointment at the Cardiff office before april 5th and my appointment is on April 11th. It says on the website that you will no longer be able to do biometrics at a PEO office after April 10th. I can picture myself attending and then being told they no longer do it.
Why don't you call the Cardiff PEO and confirm??
Give me more Karma (+)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 am

HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2 wrote:Are you 100 percent sure Sam is right? I don't want to mess this up and I have a similar situation I booked my appointment at the Cardiff office before april 5th and my appointment is on April 11th. It says on the website that you will no longer be able to do biometrics at a PEO office after April 10th. I can picture myself attending and then being told they no longer do it.
Sam is right mate, you need to book an appointment within 15 days, the appointment itself can be a month later

what they meant on the website is you cannot book appointments after 5th april at a PEO for biometric

they will honour all appointments made before 5th no matter when they are

you can call UKBA & confirm from the horses mouth :wink:
Manka

HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2
Newly Registered

Post by HOLMESCHRISTOPHER2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks a lot guys for the quick responses! Yes, I totally could have called but I wake up at odd hours. :?

beatallica

Post by beatallica » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 am

btw, after posting the application how much time does it take for them to send a letter to invite for biometric appointment?

thanks