ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Resident Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lilyluv84
Newly Registered

EEA Resident Card

Post by lilyluv84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi

I have my eea resident card and was wondering if I could move to france with my partner for some time to try it out and see if we like it. My partner is French as well. I just dont know if I could live and work there with the resident card, or would need to get a new one in france.

Please let me know, thanks

Shanei

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 pm

You can use your UK residence card to visit other states. If you plan to reside for more than three months, you need to apply for their residence card.

MelC

Post by MelC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You can use your UK residence card to visit other states. If you plan to reside for more than three months, you need to apply for their residence card.
which will be something of a nightmare probably!

the surinder singh principle applies as your husband is French and he is returning to his country of origin.

I owuld not advise expecting the prefecture to advise you or if they do that it would be correct.

they may suggest that you apply under national immigration rules.

read up on the french govt website the information is there even if the prefectures have no idea about it
MelC

zheni

Post by zheni » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:43 pm

I think the most sensible and practical thing to do is to apply for a permit under the French national rules.

MelC

Post by MelC » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 pm

zheni wrote:I think the most sensible and practical thing to do is to apply for a permit under the French national rules.
but the OP is ALREADY under EEA regs.

my point about the prefectures is that each one operates a different system, it would probably be wise for the OP to contact the prefecture of the area that they are plannin to go to and see what they have to say about what documents are required, however the RC that the OP currently holds should be sufficient for their purposes anyway.
MelC

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 am

Does any member know other eu countries that a rc holder can visit without accompanying or joining the eu citizen? Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 am

None of them unless a non-visa national.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:56 am

...except maybe Ireland as its visa waiver scheme does not put the accompanying or joining requirement on people.

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:24 pm

dotsystem wrote:Does any member know other eu countries that a rc holder can visit without accompanying or joining the eu citizen? Thanks

Hi mate quote me if i'm wrong normally with RC one need to apply for a visa to travel to EU, since UK is not a member of free Schengen countries.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

zubby007 wrote:
dotsystem wrote:Does any member know other eu countries that a rc holder can visit without accompanying or joining the eu citizen? Thanks

Hi mate quote me if i'm wrong normally with RC one need to apply for a visa to travel to EU, since UK is not a member of free Schengen countries.
No, if one has a UK issued residence card one can travel to other EU countries (in Schengen or not), but one must be accompanied or joined by EU family member.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:48 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
zubby007 wrote:

No, if one has a UK issued residence card one can travel to other EU countries (in Schengen or not), but one must be accompanied or joined by EU family member.
Ok, if UK RC holder intend to travel alone within the EU member states will the visa applied?

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 pm

zubby007 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
zubby007 wrote:

Ok, if UK RC holder intend to travel alone within the EU member states will the visa applied?
I know czech republic allows visa free for eu family member without the eu national.

http://www.mzv.cz/london/en/visa_and_co ... rs_of.html