ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) processing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afcdon83

BRP(RC) processing

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi there. I submitted a BRP (Replacement Card) application on 19 Jan (to simply change surname to my married name). I gave biometrics on 23 Feb. It's now been over a month and I've had no documents returned and no contact from UKBA. I am extremely worried. Is this normal? Has anyone else submitted BRP(RC) or any other advice on how long I should wait. I am supposed to be going on holiday in 2 weeks and will obviously need my documents. But how can such a simple change take more than 2 months in total to process is beyond me.

Many thanks

mandy911
Newly Registered

Post by mandy911 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:34 am

hi, i don't know about how long will take,
but i know that they will take the name in the passport only. so i don't know if u changed your name in passport or not yet

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 pm

I am also waiting for a replacement BRP to reflect my new married name. I applied by post on form BRP(RC) on 2 February. I received my Biometric invitation on 14 March and enrolled my biometrics at the Post Office on the same day. Could anyone out there give an indication of how long it took to receive passport/docs/BRP?

It is so annoying as I have other things still to change into my married name that I need my documents for!

plantagenetgirlchild
Newly Registered

Post by plantagenetgirlchild » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh, and I should also mention that yes, I had already changed my name in my passport! :o

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 am

Hi, yes Passport name is exactly the same as what I want on the BRP. How can it take more than 4 weeks (after submitting biometrics) to simply change surname. Nothing can even be done to speed the process.

zaheeruk

Hi

Post by zaheeruk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 pm

I have the same problem. I got an acknowledgement letter on feb 2nd but not letter from UKBA on what to do next. I have dropped them emails, letters but no response.

zaheeruk

BRP(RC)

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am

Update from my side.

I finally was able to talk to someone in UKBA. This is what the update they gave me. The case worker has not even bothered to look at my application. The person has put in information now. This is really frustrating. 2 months i have waited and I was told casually that there was a miss.
Anyway the number to call is 0870 606 7766. Select option 4 and then 2. You will only get through to a person on this selection. Do not select the option which says status update.

prashant2012
Newly Registered

brp (rc) - my story

Post by prashant2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:58 am

Lost BRP in Europe along with the my passport , got in the country with temp Indian passport and then

1. Applied for BRP RC on 4th Feb

2. Biometric advice came on 24th March
3. Completed bio on 26th Marc

Since then waiting but no response....tried all avenues i.e. calling on public enquiries number, e-mails, faxes but no response and I have a family committment to attend for which flights tickets are booked for 1st June.

Feel like pursuing UKBA for compensation.

There are so many loose ends at their end currently.

1. No Service standards i.e. processing times defined for BRP (RC)

2. It's hard to get hold of somebody on the other line when calling on public enquiry number.

3. They take a blanket cover by saying they can't give any progress update on applications less than 6 months old.

Anyone having faced similar scenario in past, kindly share your suggestion please.

thanks.

jnaidu
Newly Registered

Post by jnaidu » Thu May 24, 2012 10:53 am

@Prashant: I am facing the same problem. Cant agree with you more. There is absolutely no procedures in place. I have even contacted my Local MP for help. There has been no response. We have to do something about this. May be make a trip to UKBA croydon office.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Prashant,

Could you please let me know whether your have work rights or not on temp permit (single entry brp visa i) which you got from India

Did you get your new brp card from UK, home office..

I am also having same issue Prashant. I lost card in India. But did not get work rights on temp card visa . Waiting for new brp card from home office , UK.

On my single entry short term validity visa, Chennai visa people stamped with no work rights. But on my lost brp card. I have full work rights. I am not sure whether to work in this country now. Could you please clarify.

Thanks,

cherrygwhite
Newly Registered

BRP (RC)

Post by cherrygwhite » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

Biometric application for change of surname due to marriage : 30 January 12
Biometrics taken: 3 April 12
...current status: still waiting

Can anyone tell me if this is a normal processing time for any organisation? Basically,is it proper that someone can hold personal documents,especially all ID's this long?Why are my documents still being held? Do they investigate the documents on a daily basis and require the originals? They have already received the original documents, why can't they photocopy them and return the original docs? I have called and written several times but no one seems to be able to help. It has not even been stated on the BRP guidance notes that it takes this long to process an application. It is merely a change of surname and not a visa application. Am I right in thinking that this is purely incompetence. nearly 6 mos to change a surname is very sad. Am sorry but I just cannot comprehend. Its not a huge job to do. I have lost a job application since they cannot accept photocopies. I am at risk of losing another job application if my documents dont come on time.

I hope the people behind my application are satisfied how this is affecting my life. Maybe they take joy in causing depression to people. Hope they try to put themselves in my situation and if they are happy,then I am wrong. We have planned a latehoneymoon abroad but i dont think we are able to do it now. I need to start learning to drive but i cannot do it yet due to no ID. We are getting a mortgage but I have no docs to show. etc etc etc......

apple0

Post by apple0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Cherrygwhite... How long did it take you to receive your acknowledgment letter and biometrics letter? I applied about two weeks ago because of a stolen BRP and have received nothing in response. I, too, am unclear on why they need to hold onto a passport and restrict people from travelling while replacement BRPs are processed. This should be easier and quicker than approving an application for something like an extension application. It makes no sense that they can not offer a same day service for this the way they do for that. I would gladly pay an extra fee so that I could have identification and the ability to travel. Were you able to get through to anyone that could update you on the status of your application?

cherrygwhite
Newly Registered

Post by cherrygwhite » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:21 am

Apple0< i received the acknowledgement letter after 2 days and biometric letter after 2 months. I have tried writing letters and complaint letters but received no response. I called the ukba phoneline but all they say is wait. No update will be given until after 6 mos of application. Very frustrating. My application will be on its 6th month this july. I have not received any documents back yet. I have just written to our MP and now waiting for his reply. I dont think a change of surname requires Einstein's brains. Considering we are bombarded with all these advance technology, it does not take 6 mos to process anything. Very frustrating.

brownskin
Newly Registered

BRP(RC) processing

Post by brownskin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 am

I posted my application for change of name on the 27 April by post.
I believe there must have been a mix up of letter delivery i recieved a letter asking to take the biometric enrolment dated 11/05/12 which i did at the local post office then a few days later i received a letter dated 09/05/12 notifying me that a case worker is dealing with my application i should receive a letter within 10 days to tell me what is the next step(which i had already recieved?????)

Anyway i went for the biometric enrolment on the 15/05/12(at the post office) then the 2nd letter dated 09/05/12 arrived after enrolling at the post office, very confusing :? ...since then i havent heard anything...i was hoping for some notification last week(5weeks after biometrics) like some of us here...still waiting.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 am

Please continue in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!