ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is sponsors presence compulsory for PEO appointment SET M ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sohail4peace

Is sponsors presence compulsory for PEO appointment SET M ?

Post by Sohail4peace » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi everyone !!

I have PEO appointment in Croydon after few week. I am spouse of british citizen having 2 young kids both uk citizen.

Is it compulsory to take my wife with me at appointment OR I can go alone myself as well.
As my wife look after 2 kids one is 3 months and elder one is 3 years.

Also I heard Croydon People allow only applicant.

Iwas bit confused about it. If I take my family wife and 2 kids and they did not allow them to enter so where they will stay then .

Please reply any advice.

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

The instructions regarding 'only one applicant' are confusing. If you're applying for SET(M) and your wife is unable to attend with you, she will need to provide you with a letter explaining why she can't be there.

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Casa

Thanks for reply.
Well problem is still there. I do not mind to bring my wife and 2 child. But As they say only main applicant is allow to enter in the builiding.

My problem is that If they refuse to enter my wife and both kids ( ALL British ) It will be hassle for them to wait (3 to 6 hours) as my younger one is 3 months old.

So any suggestion OR any body experience about this situation.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 am

Hi,
From what I understand, when it says main applicant it means the person who has the appointment and if you have made an appointment for 1 person and bring a dependant to the appointment who is included in your application for ILR, it is not acceptable as you would have had to make an appointment for 2 people for the ILR application.

It should not be a problem if your wife and children attend PEO with you. I was there yesterday and there were people applying Set(m) with their spouses and small children/babies present. They will not turn them away and not allow them to enter, they will simply note on your number receipt that it is main applicant + 3.

You could phone UKBA and get clarification.

Thanks
C.

C.

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm

HI CR001,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

Appreciate that

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Your wife is required to attend if you're applying under the spouse category...or submit a letter explaining her absence.
I would point out though that Croydon PEO isn't the most comfortable place for young children to spend possibly a few hours, so you may want to submit a letter from your wife instead of having her attend the appointment with you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi,
Agree it is not the most comfortable place for children but if you have all you documents in order and avaialbel covering the FULL 2 years, you will be in and out of PEO in about 3 hours, which is how long it took me from entering the builiding to leaving, with my dependent and british spouse.

You can take items and baby buggies with you, so keeping kids entertained is not too hard and there is a coffee shop selling snacks etc. on the second floor..

Rest assured you will be fine if family goes with you and as long as your application is not complicated and you have all your papers ready, you will be fine and won't have to sit there all day. Private message me if you need additional information.

Thanks

C

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks you guys for your kind advice and suggestions.

cheers