ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by Infinite-leave » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello,

Please can someone help me clear my doubts about when do I qualify to apply for ILR and when can I book PEO appointment. Here is my situation:

Got HSMP on 25th June 2007 for 2 years
Entered the country on 9th of July 2007
Got FLR in june 2009 until 25th of June 2012 for 3years.

My understanding: I can apply for ILR any day after 29th of may 2012 as it will be start of the 28 days period from then, is that correct?

I know I can book PEO appointment 42 or 6 weeks in advance but is that 6 week in advance from when you are eligible to apply for ILR ( in my case 29th of may) or is it counted from the expiration of you visa ( 25th of June )?

Any help Will be great.
Last edited by Infinite-leave on Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 am

Hi

You can apply for your PEO appointment 6 weeks earlier than 29th of May 2012. I believe you can book your PEO appointment some where arround by the 3rd week of April 2012.

Hope this answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Post by Infinite-leave » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks smam.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 am

Sorry guys I am confused here, are we talking about earliest date you can book a peo to get an appointment on or shortly after the 29th? Or you mean you can apply via peo 6 weeks before your eligibility date?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

Infinite-leave: as per the modernized guidance, you entered UK within 90 days of getting your HSMP and you are eligible to apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your entry clearance.

You got HSMP on 25th June 2007 and you complete 5 years on 25th June 2012, so you can apply for ILR on or after “Monday, 28 May 2012”.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=

Also to book a PEO appointment for Monday, 28 May 2012, you need to book it 42 days in advance which would be Monday, 16 April 2012.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=42&aw=

Hope that answers your question.

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Linkers

Post by Infinite-leave » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Linkers you are a hero. Thanks mate you answered my question in such granular detail that if this was a Microsoft support ticket, I would have given it 10/10 for customer survey.

All my doubts are crystal clear.

Cheers smam too.

Kind Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I am glad to be of help !

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Infinite-leave wrote:Hello,

My ILR appointment for 2 years on hsmp and 3 years on tier 1 general is thursday 31st of may in solihull and i was tallying my payslps with my bank statements and i found out that HSBC has completly missed out the pages for the month of april. I have ordered the missing pages but acording to hsbc i can collect them on wednesday from the branch. Now i do not lilke playin on thin lines. Please could the experts advise something? I got following planned but if there is a option that is missing please add it so i can check if it is considerable:

- either get the online statement print out in colour and carry on with my earning proof from the month of may11 to april12(12 months)
- print out the form again and fill it with the dates from april11-march12 still making it 12 months statements in the last 15 months.
- delay my appointment

Please help.

Kind Regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 pm

My ILR appointment for 2 years on hsmp and 3 years on tier 1 general is thursday 31st of may in solihull and i was tallying my payslps with my bank statements and i found out that HSBC has completly missed out the pages for the month of april. I have ordered the missing pages but acording to hsbc i can collect them on wednesday from the branch. Now i do not lilke playin on thin lines. Please could the experts advise something? I got following planned but if there is a option that is missing please add it so i can check if it is considerable:

- either get the online statement print out in colour and carry on with my earning proof from the month of may11 to april12(12 months)
Just something to be aware of; if submitting online statements, then you will need to get them signed and stamped by the bank.
- print out the form again and fill it with the dates from april11-march12 still making it 12 months statements in the last 15 months.
- delay my appointment
- You could also, go to a bank branch and get them to print the statement for the missing month on a bank letterhead (I.e. Ad-hoc statement) & submit it to UKBA along with the other statements you have.
Please help.

Kind Regards

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Anyone

Post by Infinite-leave » Sun May 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Can anyone please help?

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

H

Post by Infinite-leave » Sun May 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Just saw it was answered in blue.

Thanks but not sure if hsbc would do that. I will give it a go tomrrow and let you know.

Thanks for your kind attention.

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Re: H

Post by muhammad.aftab » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 am

I had the same case at the time of Tier1 Extension. So don't worry just go to HSBC branch and ask them to print out the missing page for you on Banks letterhead.
I had the same bank as well. You will be fine.

Good luck with your application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Please could the experts double check my papers before i drive down to birmingham tomorrow for my next day appointment on 31st. I was granted hsmp in june 2007 and extension under tier 1 general in 2009 june. I will be applying with two dependants ( a wife and child) and taking my UK born son along with me who is just a year old this month. I booked the appointment for 3 of us so hope there will be no issue on the gates with extra child who we have not included in our application as there is no need to as far as i understand. My papers :

- cover letter
- appointment letter print out
- set0 form version 04/2012
- 2 recent photos of all applicants and name printed in back of each.
- passports held since stay in Uk for all applicants
- life in the Uk for myself and mrs
- 12 months salary slips and bank statements all marked and matching. Each statement and salary slip is attched with a paper clip to its correspodong payslip and bank statement sepratley. Payslip period may2011 to april 2012.
- all 5 years p60
- letter from the employer mentioning my basic salary with a breakdown on the company letterhead with the contact details of the HR person on the day.
- employment history letter from hmrc with my tax history.
- 2 years joint bank statements for cohabitation proof.
- 2 seprate tenancy agreements as we moved houses in last two years.
- letter from the previous GP and current GP mentioning that we were registered with the practice with start and end dates and names of all the members in the household who are registered
- 6 months savings account statements
- degree certificate even though it was produced last time, just taking it along in case it is requested.
- marriage certificate.
- my date of birth certificate
- my both dependant sons date of birth certificates.
- photocopies of all the papers i have mentioned above.
- please add anything i have missed.

My doubt about the form is section 11. I guess 11L is wht i need to check on the for my category and nothing else. Please correct if i am wrong.

Thanks for your time.

Cheerio

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

If you have P60s, then you don't need the letter from HMRC.
No need of your birth certificate.

Infinite-leave
Newly Registered

Post by Infinite-leave » Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you have P60s, then you don't need the letter from HMRC.
No need of your birth certificate.
Thanks for getting back. Appreciate it.

Can you think of anything that i am missing?
How about section 11L, is that correct for my category.

Sprry for being so annoyng but i want to make aure i have left no stone unturned for my ILR appointment.

Thanks