ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries - director of limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

11ollie7
Newly Registered

ILR queries - director of limited company

Post by 11ollie7 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:22 am

I am due to apply for ILR but am really confused as to what evidence I need to provide to prove my previous earnings.

I am a director of a limited company - so will provide a letter from my accountant with a breakdown of my earnings - but I am unsure what I can use as my second form of evidence.

If I provide business bank account statements or personal bank account statements, do I also need to show copies of my monthly invoices?

If I provide evidence of my invoices how are they different to the 'invoice explanations or payment summaries from my accountant' that also can be used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is really stressing me out.

Thank you!

krthk.s

Re: ILR - evidence of previous earnings

Post by krthk.s » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 pm

11ollie7 wrote:I am due to apply for ILR but am really confused as to what evidence I need to provide to prove my previous earnings.

I am a director of a limited company - so will provide a letter from my accountant with a breakdown of my earnings - but I am unsure what I can use as my second form of evidence.

If I provide business bank account statements or personal bank account statements, do I also need to show copies of my monthly invoices?

If I provide evidence of my invoices how are they different to the 'invoice explanations or payment summaries from my accountant' that also can be used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is really stressing me out.

Thank you!
I own a limited company too and I am going for ILR on May 9th. I would suggest you submit the following:

1. Monthly Payslips (which will be a low amount) - I am getting this from my accountant - showing Month of Pay, Gross, Deductions, Net, Date paid
2. Dividend Vouchers (self issued and signed) - Preferably on your own company headed paper or professional looking.
3. Letter from your accountant stating (a) 12 month salaries with columns Month, Gross, Net, Date Paid
and (b) Dividends taken for the period with columns Reference (if any, ex: I use DIV-001), Date Paid, Gross (including tax credit), Net Amount
4. Personal Bank Statements for the period clearly highlighting Salaries and Dividends (net amounts and date should match the above 3 documents)

Invoices show the revenue of the company not your personal earnings. If you are the sole director/share holder you may show company bank statements in addition to the above.

Prem2012
Newly Registered

Post by Prem2012 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello Krthk.s,

Thanks, this is really helpful as I'm also in similar situation.

Do you know if it's mandatory that your accountant should be registered Chartard Accounant?

Thanks, P

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I believe the guidance applies for your case too.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Point 112.

Where an applicant is providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm :
the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a recognised supervisory body.

These are: The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA); or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). If the earnings were made while the applicant was not in the UK, the evidence must come from one of the above accountants or from an accountant or accountancy firm on the list of full members given on the website of the International Federation of Accountants, on http://web.ifac.org/about/member-bodies

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:07 pm

11ollie7 wrote:Hi,

I urgently need your help. I have an my appointment for ILR next week.

I first gained entry into the UK in July 2007 as a Highly Skilled Migrant, then transferred to a Tier One visa in June 2009.

I have just filled in the points based calculator on the UK Border Agency website to confirm I have enough points, however it is not allowing me any points for my Bachelors degree.

Without these I only have 70 points - which is not enough to apply.

On the application form it initially says that you can get 30 points for a Bachelors degree under the rules in place before 6 April 2010. However if you read the additional text underneath it states that you can only get points for a Bachelors degree if you applied before 31 March 2009 or after 5 April 2010, which counts me out.

This has me really worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
11ollie7 wrote:I scored 30 points when I originally applied.

Thank you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:36 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
11ollie7 wrote: However if you read the additional text underneath it states that you can only get points for a Bachelors degree if you applied before 31 March 2009 or after 5 April 2010.
For Tier 1 General Applications submitted between 31 March 2009 & 5 April 2010 (i.e. applications posted/submitted after 31 March 2009 & before 5 April 2010), applicants were not allowed to score points for Bachelors degrees. This is the reason for the comment above.
11ollie7 wrote: I first gained entry into the UK in July 2007 as a Highly Skilled Migrant
How many points did you score for your degree, when you initially applied for your HSMP in July 2007?

Thank you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Thank you.
If you scored 30 points in your initial application, then I presume you scored the same when you extended your leave as a Tier 1 General Migrant. If I'm correct, then the same rules will apply to you now in your ILR PBS. In the PBS calculator, you need to ensure that you enter the correct date where it asks for your first successful application (note that this is the date the application was submitted & not the date it was approved) in order for the calculator to apply the appropriate rules.

11ollie7
Newly Registered

Post by 11ollie7 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I was granted 30 points when I applied for my HSMP and also when I extended my leave as a Tier One General Migrant. However my application was submitted in May/approved in June which after the 31 March cutoff period - so I still do not receive points when I do the calculation.

When I extended my leave as a Tier One General Migrant the old rules still applied for some reason - which is why I received 30 points. So I don't understand why I can't get the same points now.

When I refer to the 'Points-based calculator - help' section with regards to the date, it states the below. Perhaps I should just enter 29 Feb 2008 as I originally applied under HSMP.

----------

Enter the date you first successfully applied under Tier 1 of the points-based system.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system this must be on or after 29 February 2008. If you first successfully applied under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), Self Employed Lawyers concession or the Writers, Composers and Artists category and you are applying under Tier 1 (General) enter 29 February 2008.

----------

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

11ollie7 wrote: When I refer to the 'Points-based calculator - help' section with regards to the date, it states the below. Perhaps I should just enter 29 Feb 2008 as I originally applied under HSMP.
Yes, that's correct.