ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa sponsorhip - IT Contractor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Family visit visa sponsorhip - IT Contractor

Post by harsha7kp » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,
Im an IT contractor and operate through my own limited company. I pay a nominal salary and a reasonable dividend every month into my personal bank account and I duly raise salary slips and maintain all the required records.
My parents are planning to visit UK this summer and this will be their second visit(the last visit was 3 yrs back adn I was not IT contractor then). Im planning to sponsor their stay here and I will have to send my salary slips and bank statements.
1) But what should I do about the dividend payments - i.e., how do I prove that my total income/month = salary+dividend?
Should I have to get a letter from my accountant?

2) I have maintained £2.5k+ in my account for atleast the last 3 months out of 6 months. Is that sufficient to sponsor 2 people?

3) Should I have to mention that Im self employed or would I fall under (Employed) category?

4) Should I have to send my original rental agreement? I remember the last time I had sent original rental agreement, but would like to avoid that, if possible.

Please do let me know.

Thanks,
Harsha

batleykhan

Re: Family visit visa sponsorhip - IT Contractor

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

harsha7kp wrote:Hi,
Im an IT contractor and operate through my own limited company. I pay a nominal salary and a reasonable dividend every month into my personal bank account and I duly raise salary slips and maintain all the required records.
My parents are planning to visit UK this summer and this will be their second visit(the last visit was 3 yrs back and I was not IT contractor then). Im planning to sponsor their stay here and I will have to send my salary slips and bank statements.
1) But what should I do about the dividend payments - i.e., how do I prove that my total income/month = salary+dividend?
Should I have to get a letter from my accountant?

Yes you will need a letter from your accountant, or records of the last two years accounts( or whenever you became self employed)

2) I have maintained £2.5k+ in my account for at least the last 3 months out of 6 months. Is that sufficient to sponsor 2 people?

Yes it should be enough

3) Should I have to mention that I'm self employed or would I fall under (Employed) category?

You are classed as self employed, as you pay yourself.

4) Should I have to send my original rental agreement? I remember the last time I had sent original rental agreement, but would like to avoid that, if possible.

No you can send copy of your tenancy agreement along with with your accounts , bank statements,sponsorship letter, certified copies of your passport etc

Please do let me know.

Thanks,
Harsha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 12, 2012 2:23 pm

harsha7kp wrote:Hi,
My parents are planning to visit me in the UK. I have an ILR here and Im also planning to sponsor my parents visit to the UK. As a sponsor, I think I will have to submit my 6 months payslips. dividend letter from accountant and also my 6 months Bank statements. Although I do have the 6 months bank statement ready, I had not saved much for the first 3 months(balance of around £600 only). I have made sure that I have saved more than £2500 for the last 3 months. Is this sufficient to show as maintenance funds for both of my parents? Please note that, apart from the maintenance funds, I have already booked and paid for, my parents return tickets.

So will the Home Office expect me to set the funds aside for more than 3 months?
Im submitting council tax bill and rental agreement for proof of accommodation. Hope that's sufficient.
Please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!