ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my newborn

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

ILR for my newborn

Post by irfanb00 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:49 pm

I have a wife who has a dependant and we recently had a newborn. We are in the process of applying for an ILR in July 12 as I complete my 5 years tenure through a combination of Workpermit for the first 2 years and then Tier 1 general for 3 years.

My son was born in November in London. I have his birth certificate but never applied for his Indian passport. My question is whether I can exclude him from my application form as my dependant or do I still need to include him even though he does not hold any passport?

Appreciate a response..

Thanks
Irfan

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

irfanb00: if you have no plans to travel, you can skip for your son’s ILR and register him directly as a British Citizen using MN1 form (once you get your own ILR).

Once you receive his Citizenship Certificate, you can then apply for his British Passport.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply.

NO we do not have any plans to travel abroad.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Then you can save money and use it to pay for your son’s Citizenship application.