ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i get my documents back

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hernancortes

how do i get my documents back

Post by Hernancortes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:53 pm

I have had enough of home office delays my visa application (5 years ago) . I need to get my passport back and withdraw my application.
One problem is, the passport expired 3 years ago and i need to egt back urgently .

Any solutions?

badboyz

Post by badboyz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:03 pm

What was your application for?
Try and contact your MP.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 am

Complain to IND Customer Focus Team.

ind.cu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

quoting your reference number, date of birth, nationality and address.

Should get response within 5 days.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:50 am

Thanks, Jeff.
I applied for visa renewal on a student basis.

Janit
Newly Registered

Post by Janit » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:18 am

Our friend HernanCortes sent in for renewal; no reply to date. Does this mean after all this time he is considered to be an illegal/overstayer? Is it his fault staying here whilst waiting to hear from them for all these years?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: how do i get my documents back

Post by Dawie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:37 am

Hernancortes wrote:I have had enough of home office delays my visa application (5 years ago) . I need to get my passport back and withdraw my application.
One problem is, the passport expired 3 years ago and i need to egt back urgently .

Any solutions?
Why not just get a new passport from the embassy of your country? Why waste time trying to get an expired passport that the home office has obviously lost.

You will need to file a lost/stolen passport report with the police. Just tell them that the home office took your passport and has lost it. I'm sure they hear about this all the time. Depending on how strongly you feel about it you could even tell the police that the Home Office has stolen your passport and try to lay criminal charges against the Home Secretary.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Jeff Albright

Re: how do i get my documents back

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 pm

Dawie wrote: Why waste time trying to get an expired passport that the home office has obviously lost.
Then the HO should deal with it and get the new one for him from his embassy and pay all the expenses. Why the person has to go through that hassle?
You will need to file a lost/stolen passport report with the police. Just tell them that the home office took your passport and has lost it.
Then the HO should issue a letter confirming this and not police. Police will probably send him to the HO.
Depending on how strongly you feel about it you could even tell the police that the Home Office has stolen your passport and try to lay criminal charges against the Home Secretary.
That is already more to the point. I like this idea. I think I will try this, as well. :D

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:24 pm

Janit wrote:Our friend HernanCortes sent in for renewal; no reply to date. Does this mean after all this time he is considered to be an illegal/overstayer? Is it his fault staying here whilst waiting to hear from them for all these years?
As long as you have a written acknowledgement that his application had been received, then he should be ok.
I got such an acknowledgement over the phone 8 years ago and now having hard time to prove it, because my application was lost and I have no written acknowledgement.