ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR maintenance Funds Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluebird2011

ILR maintenance Funds Requirement

Post by bluebird2011 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi

I'm due to apply for ILR based on 5 years tier 1 stay. Is there any maintenance fund requirement for SET(O) application. Am I required to maintain £800 for 90 days?

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:33 pm

I don't think so.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

selva

Post by selva » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm

vinny wrote:I don't think so.
I don't think so as Vinny said.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/

How can you score points?
Unlike applications for permission to enter or remain in the UK under Tier 1 (General), you cannot score points for your English language ability or your maintenance (funds) when you apply for settlement.

You can only score points for your:

age;
qualifications;
earnings; and
UK experience.
These are called your 'attributes'.

Points will be awarded in the same way as for as your previous extension of stay under Tier 1 (General). If your circumstances have not changed, you will be awarded the same number of points for these attributes.

it seems there is no requirement for maintenance, but I would advise to have some money.

Thanks
Selva

saqi18a
Newly Registered

Re: ILR maintenance Funds Requirement

Post by saqi18a » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Dear

I will completed my Tier 1 General, 5 years on 24th Aug 2014. Wife came to UK on 9th Feb 2011 and no major (more than 180 days) gaps during this period. I have two children ageing 2 years and 6 months, one as my dependent but one's passport has not been made yet since he is an infant. I kept £3500 as a maintenance fund for 90 days on a safe side.

Two options:

1) I have done my Life in UK test. Will my wife and child need to apply with me or should my wife apply without giving Life in UK test and English Language as extension to her visa as my dependent.

2) If she completes her Life in UK test + IELTS and then apply with my for ILR. But we have only 1 month left to apply so this might not be workable. In this case, can my wife still apply with me as an extension of her dependent visa?

Your expert advise required on both options and also that for ILR my assessment would be on previous point basis criteria, without my age to be consider, then will I need to show higher band of income to score require point or will it automatically takes the points scored previously (if no changes occurred) for the application.

Many thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:28 am

saqi18a wrote:Dear

I will completed my Tier 1 General, 5 years on 24th Aug 2014. Wife came to UK on 9th Feb 2011 and no major (more than 180 days) gaps during this period. I have two children ageing 2 years and 6 months, one as my dependent but one's passport has not been made yet since he is an infant. I kept £3500 as a maintenance fund for 90 days on a safe side.

Two options:

1) I have done my Life in UK test. Will my wife and child need to apply with me or should my wife apply without giving Life in UK test and English Language as extension to her visa as my dependent.

2) If she completes her Life in UK test + IELTS and then apply with my for ILR. But we have only 1 month left to apply so this might not be workable. In this case, can my wife still apply with me as an extension of her dependent visa?

Your expert advise required on both options and also that for ILR my assessment would be on previous point basis criteria, without my age to be consider, then will I need to show higher band of income to score require point or will it automatically takes the points scored previously (if no changes occurred) for the application.

Kind regards
1. Your wife can't apply for ILR if she has not passed her life in the UK test or English proficiency test. If she doesn't have a valid visa to continue before she can sit for those tests, then go for extension under PBS rules.

2. One month is plenty of visa to apply for ILR. As long as your application reaches the Home Office even a day before you current leave expires, you should be fine.

3. You get points for your age which was at the time of your first tier 1 application. You get income points based on what your current income is. Income points or earnings points can't be claimed for any income you received outside of the 15 months immediately before your application.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

saqi18a
Newly Registered

Post by saqi18a » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Subtle wrote:
saqi18a wrote:Dear

Two options:

Kind regards
1. Your wife can't apply for ILR if she has not passed her life in the UK test or English proficiency test. If she doesn't have a valid visa to continue before she can sit for those tests, then go for extension under PBS rules.

2. One month is plenty of visa to apply for ILR. As long as your application reaches the Home Office even a day before you current leave expires, you should be fine.

3. You get points for your age which was at the time of your first tier 1 application. You get income points based on what your current income is. Income points or earnings points can't be claimed for any income you received outside of the 15 months immediately before your application.
Many thanks Subtle for your help.

- Will PBS dependent application be the same for my daughter as mentioned above? She is on my dependent status right now.
- If my wife apply on PBS extension, will I need maintenance fund for her e.g. £800 + £600 + 600?

Kind regards

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm

If the your daughter was born in UK, then she is entitled to register under section 1(3) as soon as either of the parents are granted ILR. If you don't want to register her as British Citizen (which I dont know why you would not want to!) then you can apply her ILR dependent visa and she doesn't have to pass English test or Life in the UK test. In my opinion, don't apply her extension as PBS dependent as you would be paying approx £1600 for nothing, go for ILR dependent or British citizen.

If your wife applies as PBS dependent, then as you are the bread winner of the family then you have to show that you have adequate funds to maintain your family's living being. I know its daft that you dont have to show maintenance funds for ILR but its a rule anyway.

I would recommend you to apply for ILR yourself and for your wife and then British Citizenship for your kids. Unless you want to throw some extra £££ for no reason, you can apply PBS extensions... or perhaps there is some other reason.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

saqi18a
Newly Registered

Post by saqi18a » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Subtle wrote:If the your daughter was born in UK, then she is entitled to register under section 1(3) as soon as either of the parents are granted ILR. If you don't want to register her as British Citizen (which I dont know why you would not want to!) then you can apply her ILR dependent visa and she doesn't have to pass English test or Life in the UK test. In my opinion, don't apply her extension as PBS dependent as you would be paying approx £1600 for nothing, go for ILR dependent or British citizen.

If your wife applies as PBS dependent, then as you are the bread winner of the family then you have to show that you have adequate funds to maintain your family's living being. I know its daft that you dont have to show maintenance funds for ILR but its a rule anyway.

I would recommend you to apply for ILR yourself and for your wife and then British Citizenship for your kids. Unless you want to throw some extra £££ for no reason, you can apply PBS extensions... or perhaps there is some other reason.
Dear Subtle

Many thanks for the detailed clarification. You have indeed clarified and reconfirmed couple of important points.

I shall apply for my ILR, PBS dependent for my wife (since she have not got time for life in UK and IELTS) and will forward application for British Citizenship for kids, all same time.

Kind regards