ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from client- self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm

I am not sure whether this one has been discussed before or not but here you go , I am asking again.

Do we have to ask our clients to write a letter for a payment made towards our services ?

As I understand you raise an invoice , client pays in a bank , so you have a bank statements and accountant verify the same.

Do we have to have a letter from client that he paid so and so for our services ?

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Letters are not necessary. However, do provide your client's full contact details when you apply for Visa in case HO wants to confirm the payment.

Manka10

Re: Letter from client- self employed

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:17 pm

benneviss wrote:I am not sure whether this one has been discussed before or not but here you go , I am asking again.

Do we have to ask our clients to write a letter for a payment made towards our services ?

As I understand you raise an invoice , client pays in a bank , so you have a bank statements and accountant verify the same.

Do we have to have a letter from client that he paid so and so for our services ?
the "letter" is actually a contract agreement with the client if you have 1. if not, as you may be doing ad hoc work for them then its fine, you dont need any letter

for payments invoices are enough
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 pm

The "letter" can never be a substitute for a contract that sets out terms and conditions and requires signatures of both the parties and witnesses (if needed).

Dont confuse yourself benneviss. According to the policy guidance, invoices carrying full contact details of the clients are essential.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

shahjee11 wrote:The "letter" can never be a substitute for a contract that sets out terms and conditions and requires signatures of both the parties and witnesses (if needed).

Dont confuse yourself benneviss. According to the policy guidance, invoices carrying full contact details of the clients are essential.
dude, i never said ""letter"" is a substitute for contract, there is no such thing as a "letter" between a client & consultant

read between the lines, or if you cant understand, dont make silly references to my posts & twist their meaning altogether, you are confusing the OP more than what he was while posting

also, "contact details" are not in question here, OP asked about if another document is required from consultant's side to confirm the payment made by client, stick to what is being asked
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Manka10 wrote:
dude, i never said ""letter"" is a substitute for contract, there is no such thing as a "letter" between a client & consultant

read between the lines, or if you cant understand, dont make silly references to my posts & twist their meaning altogether, you are confusing the OP more than what he was while posting

also, "contact details" are not in question here, OP asked about if another document is required from consultant's side to confirm the payment made by client, stick to what is being asked
Manka you are the same thick skulled who would never understand the real question at all. I notice you have been given lessons on other threads but you just can not stop exposing your so called knowledge.

OP asked if he had to take a letter from the client to confirm what was paid and what for? You said that the letter is a contract or you deny this at all?

do take a while and read through the question fully. dont just try to increase the number of your posts and get one up.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

It appears that people just send every thing they are told and make their application too bulky. In my opinion, only send the documents they ask for. HO does not ask for cotractcs or letters etc.

Manka's answer was confusing. Please just stick to what shahjee has said in his very first response.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:57 pm

shahjee11 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:

Manka you are the same thick skulled who would never understand the real question at all. I notice you have been given lessons on other threads but you just can not stop exposing your so called knowledge.

OP asked if he had to take a letter from the client to confirm what was paid and what for? You said that the letter is a contract or you deny this at all?

do take a while and read through the question fully. dont just try to increase the number of your posts and get one up.
Morons are teaching what they themselves cant understand, freakin dimwits like you go on blathering somethin completely tangent to what is being asked

listen up and listen good nitwit, the only closest thing to a so called "letter" is a contract which states the rate at which payments are made and lists services that will be provided

not friggin "contact details"...stop postin your crap & spare everyone's time
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Manka10 wrote:
Morons are teaching what they themselves cant understand, freakin dimwits like you go on blathering somethin completely tangent to what is being asked

listen up and listen good nitwit, the only closest thing to a so called "letter" is a contract which states the rate at which payments are made and lists services that will be provided

You are an absolute idiot ignorant, have a look at the link below and try again to revise the lesson given.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#612824

Also stop behaving like a retard. You were previously told to behave like civilised person but you dont adhere. I know always do this whenever your so called wisdom is challenged. You "letter" can never by definition be a contract so better keep the crap in your wrap.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 pm

shahjee11 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:

You are an absolute idiot ignorant, have a look at the link below and try again to revise the lesson given.

Also stop behaving like a retard. You were previously told to behave like civilised person but you dont adhere. I know always do this whenever your so called wisdom is challenged. You "letter" can never by definition be a contract so better keep the crap in your wrap.
pity you as a person mate, i gracefully accept when I am wrong but self-conceited hot air bags like you would never admit their own mistake, its not you though, its your genes

read up from the top again & keep unwanted advice about somethin not required to yourself.

also, learn up a lil grammar & a bit of english too while you are at it & understand what " " are used for & know what the words within inverted commas mean or imply to.

thanks for posting the link, as the 'note to self:' part in my post is really for you to ponder upon, read what is being asked, dont vomit some crap about your "knowledge" (contact details in this case) which is not required

you were told not to get personal with anyone while posting so mind your own funeral mate, give only relevant advice & not unwanted trash
Manka

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:44 pm

shahjee11 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:

understand what a contract agreement is first before you comment on stuff that you dont have an iota of idea about

contract agreement in this case would have been similar to the "letter" that OP is asking about, as it includes charging rates which would match up with invoices
Manka

abby92

Post by abby92 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm

@Manka

as a matter of fact, I have applied for my initial tier 1 Gen. and now for extension but no one has suggested to send the contracts/agreements with the application because they are not required. I am not here pleading for shahjee but you appear to be very rude. I dont know what is the problem with you? The question was to get a letter from the client for payment confirmation but you were actually carried away in some how defining a letter to be a contract.

You should be graceful again to accept that you were mistaken here

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Manka this is the extreme of your stupidity. Calm yourself down, take a long breath and go over each and every coment of yours. You said letter is a contract, no matter it was in commas. It was enough to confuse the OP.

You then went on to explain how near a letter is to the contract. Idiots like you dont need to tell me what a contract is. As I said earlier, it will include the terms and conditions and will be signed by the parties.

You will always behave like a retard, this is what you have inherited. your words like lil grammar reflect how top notch skills you have of the language. So better behave like a normal person and stop wasting others time.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 pm

@ Abby92

Yes indeed you are right to say that contracts/agreements are simply not required by ukba. How on earth a letter can be taken as a contract? I say it again and again that it is not required at all by the ukba as the guidance explains itself. You can have the contract of service between you and your client but that is for your records in case of a dispute.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 am

to all you guys who responded to my posts

mention where I said that a contract is required ?!?

did you read i have stated that ad hoc work has no contract ?!?

when you do business with any company, there is an understanding between 2 entities. thats a contract, including it strengthens your application so that there is no room for doubt and additional checks are not carried out as earnings look legitimate. its not required but can always be included as a supporting doc.

it was this concern in OP's mind that what else can be included to support the additional income so there is no room for disbelief.

In my first post, i wrote in most concise manner (sorry, i dont do spoon feeding) that what OP is pointing to could be a contract, but if you dont have one thats fine too

dont jump to conclusions & only god would know, what made you think that i was implying a contract is required

I have spoken to immigration lawyers & experienced consultants before I filed my own application. they think from a CW's perspective that including a contract, if there is one, would strengthen the application which is exactly what I was pointing to

anyway have wasted enough of my time
Manka

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 am

Thank you very much all for your valuable input .

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 am

MANKA

The question here was not about saying a contract is required or client's details. The cause of concern was that you implied the letter to be a contract which was and still is wrong. and you kept on stressing your point and cursing others. not a good approach at at all. you cant just make assumptions and give an advice based on your "mind reading" skill.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 am

Manka the Mind Reader, i like the sound of that...
Manka

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 am

get this you "experts", I suggested this "letter" could be a contract...any contractor or self-employed individual who has even a bit of experience would understand this, there is no "letter" between a client & a contractor

"immigration scholars" here have been "flyin off the handle" jumpin to conclusions left right & center without any thought or any acceptance that their "presumed" conclusions are not really required here

someone here said that I suggested that a contract is "REQUIRED" but couldnt point out where I said that...It indeed takes a big man to admit & accept, I guess your Gandhi said that once

am tryin to be as "civilised" as possible but some words in " " can be replaced with expletives or adjectives in your cases

Manka the Mind Reader...am laffin my socks off
Manka

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

Guys ..... it's time to cool off
Give me more Karma (+)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 am

I agree with quicksame .

I got my answer and I thanks all for your inputs.

Now it is a time to cool off.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Manka10 wrote:I suggested this "letter" could be a contract
I dont think I have to say anymore.

@Abby92

You have nicely summarised the whole argument in your post above.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 pm

shahjee11 wrote:

@Abby92

You remind me of a dog's tail...you should have stopped saying anything a long time ago mate
Manka

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:14 pm

shahjee11 wrote:

@Abby92

sorry that would be "mate"... :lol:
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm

You are simply insane. Never you dare calling me your mate. I am not fond of idiots like you. Better behave like an educated person or just zip it up.