ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rejected on legal representative letter reason

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifechanger1
Newly Registered

rejected on legal representative letter reason

Post by lifechanger1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello members-

I am new to this forum but have been reading it all this while.

My friend applied for the entrepreneur visa, but got rejected on a flimsy reason.

The eco wanted an 'extra' piece of evidence that our legal representative was qualified and and authorised legal representative.

The exact text was this - -
"Letters from a legal representative have been submitted. However, there is no official evidence of the registration or authority of the legal representative. " "Your legal representative needs to provide official evidence that he is a qualified, authorised legal professional."

In the guidance it never asked for this except for the letter from the legal rep. Along with his registration and jurisdiction details which we provided.

It was on his legal companies letter head with all details.

My question are the following.
1) Is this required ? has anyone submitted anything outside the legal representative letter ?
2) Is the letter supposed to be on any kind of stamp paper ? or the letter head was ok ?

Any advice will be really helpful.

Thanks,

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Re: rejected on legal representative letter reason

Post by crazy_ram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Dear member,
Sorry to here that your friend's visa have got rejected. Can you please tell me about the letter you got from your solicitor;
1. Is it on the letter head of the solicitor (or) their law firm with address and contact information of the solicitor?
2. Is the letter containing signature and stamp of the the solicitor as a notary public?

I think you guys can reply if the problem is only with your letter. You can simply get another letter from the solicitor by covering up the questions the case worker raised.

Please reply to this post, your reply can be useful for me and other group members.

Thanks

raheelmalhi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

hi

Post by raheelmalhi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 pm

The letter must clearly show the following:
• the name of the legal representative confirming the details;
• the registration or authority of the legal representative to practise legally in the country in
which the permission or permissions was/were given;
• the date of the confirmation letter;
• your name (and your entrepreneurial team member’s name if appropriate) and third
party’s name;
• that the declaration from the third party is signed and valid;
• For individuals who are third party donors only, the number of the third party’s identity
document (for example a passport or national identity card), the place of issue and
dates of issue and expiry. This is not needed from a Venture Capital firm, Seed funding
competition or UK Government Department.

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm

To be honest, your legal representative wasn't very good at doing something that they are charging you lots of money to do...
I hope they are not making you pay more money to follow this through.

sak78
Newly Registered

Post by sak78 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am

would you mind to disclose your Legal Representative name here,

so we will take advantage.