ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hello 27

confusion

Post by Hello 27 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 pm

I am currently on Tier(1) PSW visa and it would expire in the begining of September 2012. I want to switch over into Tier(4) General Student category.
Can i apply four months before the expiry of PSW visa for Tier (4) General student category?. Which visa i would be considered if HO grants me Tier 4 visa before the expiry of PSW visa ie september 2012?.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm

You can apply and the new visa if granted will supersede the preceding visa. Therefore you will now come under the conditions of your Tier 4 visa, and your PSW will effectively be no more.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: confusion

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Hello 27 wrote:I am currently on Tier(1) PSW visa and it would expire in the begining of September 2012. I want to switch over into Tier(4) General Student category.
Can i apply four months before the expiry of PSW visa for Tier (4) General student category?. Which visa i would be considered if HO grants me Tier 4 visa before the expiry of PSW visa ie september 2012?.
when does your course start?

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks for reply for Greenie and quantum1.
Hi Greenie. After master degree in accountancy & finance and PSW visa , i am intending to take admission into ACCA and it will start in September 2012.

Is there anybody who got Tier 4 visa for ACCA course after Master degree and PSW visa?. Plz share your views it would help me a lot and other readers of immigration board. 8)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Thanks for reply for Greenie and quantum1.
Hi Greenie. After master degree in accountancy & finance and PSW visa , i am intending to take admission into ACCA and it will start in September 2012.

Is there anybody who got Tier 4 visa for ACCA course after Master degree and PSW visa?. Plz share your views it would help me a lot and other readers of immigration board. 8)
the earliest you can apply is 3 months before the start of your course.

whether you are succesful would depend on whether you meet the requirements and in your case, your new tier 4 sponsor would need to justify on your CAS how you are making academic progress by studying ACCA after studying a masters in Accountancy and Finance.

You will also need to bear in mind the new limits on degree level study under Tier 4.

Are you aware that you will not be able to work unless you are studying with an HEI or publicly funded FE college?

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Greenie,

I want to know how Tier 4 sponsor can justify academic progression on CAS letter.
I am not sure about the new time limits on degree level studies.

rgds. Thanks.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am

I think it will be very difficult to justify Academic Progression between MSc Accounting and Finance and ACCA.

According to UK NARIC, ACCA is equal to Masters degree in accounting and finance but usually, MSc count a step ahead after ACCA.

Plus, UKBA knows why all PSW visa holders moving to Tier 4 visa through an ACCA course, even after BA/BSc, MA/MSc in same or samiler subjects, coz at the moment, ACCA is the only cheapest course available in UK with work permission.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

I spoke with my prospected Tier 4 sponsor in accordance to my circumstances and they are agree to issue me CAS letter. Their point of view is that i am applying from Tier 1 category so as long as i am fulfilling the course requirments, it is ok. They give me admission from f-4 to the end of ACCA papers so i would maintain the same level of Msc which i done before PSW.

Do you think that it will justify my academic progression to HO in the sense that after master degree in accounitng and finance now i want to get professional education ACCA?.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:57 pm

So that means MSc Accounting and Finance from UK University is equal to ACCA F1 to F3? Even most of BA/BSc degree holders of UK University have exemption from F1 to F9.

I think your prospected Tier 4 sponsor is BPP or LSBF. These guys will just take their full fee for CAS and issue CAS anyway and when visa will refuse they will try their best to digest all amount.

Have you speak to ACCA about it and get registered with them? I am sure they will give you exemption for F1 to F9 easily but, still, there is a question mark on academic progression.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:47 am

Deviser wrote:So that means MSc Accounting and Finance from UK University is equal to ACCA F1 to F3? Even most of BA/BSc degree holders of UK University have exemption from F1 to F9.

I think your prospected Tier 4 sponsor is BPP or LSBF. These guys will just take their full fee for CAS and issue CAS anyway and when visa will refuse they will try their best to digest all amount.

Have you speak to ACCA about it and get registered with them? I am sure they will give you exemption for F1 to F9 easily but, still, there is a question mark on academic progression.
Hi Deviser,
I am in a similar situation and the OP is quite right. I checked with the ACCA, and they said that the exemption would be for F1 to F4. I myself wish to become an accountant after finishing my MSc in Accounting.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 am

Now a days in UK, every PSW visa holder want to become an ACCA accountant coz at the moment ACCA is the cheapest course available with 2/2.5 years visa with 20 hours work permission.

Anyways, I have no problem with that. There is AP rule and your sponsor and UKBA will assess your acedemic progression and provide you CAS/Visa accordingly.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Deviser wrote:Now a days in UK, every PSW visa holder want to become an ACCA accountant coz at the moment ACCA is the cheapest course available with 2/2.5 years visa with 20 hours work permission.

Anyways, I have no problem with that. There is AP rule and your sponsor and UKBA will assess your acedemic progression and provide you CAS/Visa accordingly.
Actually, I am applying to Kaplan so I won't have 20 hours of work permission. It's a bit ridiculous to suggest that everyone is applying for the ACCA to get a visa and do part time work. That is the last thing on my mind and I genuinely wish to study towards becoming an accountant (and have been studying business and accounting related programmes for the very same reason)and that is one of my options. I don't know if you were referring to me in particular but just wanted to point it out.