ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saqib_26
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent

Post by saqib_26 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 pm

I am on tier 1 visa . I want to apply ILR and my wife who is on dependent visa.
But in the last year she spend outside uk 182 days continuous.
Can we apply ILR together or not
I checked ILR application I could not found any where in the application where UKBA asked how many days dependent spend outside this country.
Let me which is the write application for ILR after 5 years completing on tier1 visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 am

If she has spent at least two years with you in the UK, then she may be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: ILR for dependent

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 am

saqib_26 wrote:I am on tier 1 visa . I want to apply ILR and my wife who is on dependent visa.
But in the last year she spend outside uk 182 days continuous.
Can we apply ILR together or not
I checked ILR application I could not found any where in the application where UKBA asked how many days dependent spend outside this country.
Let me which is the write application for ILR after 5 years completing on tier1 visa.
As Vinny already said, the threshold is 2 yrs and there is no restriction on the dependant being away from UK for x number of days. This restriction only applies to the main applicant (max 180 day leave in 5 yrs and no continuous 90 day leave period)
Give me more Karma (+)