ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa after 320(7b) ban expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humbledude
Newly Registered

Visit Visa after 320(7b) ban expiry

Post by humbledude » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any positive feedback against my query.

I was refused leave to remain late 2011 against unverifiable bankstatments. I had naively applied through a friends solicitor who used apparently a forged bankstatment against my account.I found out about this at the time of appeal when I was sent back a copy of the documents submitted. Either way, I do accept it was my fault.

I withdrew my appeal given that I had to leave the UK back to home due to family circumstances with a family member being sick after sending a letter to the tribunal and left the country at my own expense.

The original letter stated that I was banned for 1 year under 320(7b) if I left UK at my own expense.

My question is if I want to visit UK now for 10-14 days after around 5 months post this 1 year ban period, is it even worth applying? any one heard of approval in such cases as I've heard its like a life time ban even if its not on paper.

I do believe I'd like to see my friends and visit places for a change even though I am quite happy in my home country now. Also, I'd be sponsering myself and have confirmed place to stay at my university as an alum which is a reputed one. I am currently working full time and would be having paid time off.

Any one please advise! thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:56 am

Not worth applying for leave to enter earlier than 1 year since your departure.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

humbledude
Newly Registered

Post by humbledude » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:59 am

vinny wrote:Not worth applying for leave to enter earlier than 1 year since your departure.
First of all thank you Vinny for the reply. I've been skimming through the posts on the forum and I appreciate the effort on your end.

Its been few months over a year since I left UK in Jan 2011.

I've extensively search forums and Google and I can't seem to find an suggestions or pointers if there have been any success stories as such regarding visit visa post 1 year ban period.

Thanks!

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Technically you can apply. Make sure to provide plenty of strong evidence of strong connections to your home country and everything required in the guidance. In reality, you will likely be denied a visa because the Home Office won't feel that you will actually return to your home country if granted such leave to enter. You might have to consider the possibility that you will never get to visit the UK ever again. Nevertheless, you have graduated. I'm assuming you overstayed a student visa? A deception-like ban is one that tends to haunt you. It won't be easy. You haven't by any chance become a major celebrity in the last year or so have you? That would help.

Maybe there's someone here who has managed to come back to the UK after an expired ban (non-marriage ofcourse) that can chime in. Good luck.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

humbledude
Newly Registered

Post by humbledude » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Thank you ouflak1 for making the effort to post a reply. I do kind of like your sense of humour. Pretty refined for such a forum. Kudos for that.

Well, perhaps someone who succeeded in applying and getting a visa through might reply. But chances are slim for such a person to be even on this message board. I am sure majority of people who went through on to get 320(7b) didn't find it worth going on for a visit visa just to see friends, not that they'd streatch this far and even post a reply!

I am hoping perhaps still some one can jump in if they have any positive comment or experience to share.