ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entry refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dekaf

entry refusal

Post by dekaf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 am

i was officially refused entry to uk but given a teporary leave to stay for which i didn't exceeded my required priod and i have already submitted an appeal which i am yet to get acknowledgment for. can i still use my visa to travel to uk

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 am

tell us in detail,

what is your visa status , what reasons they stopped you for ? etc.

Manka10

Re: entry refusal

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:39 am

dekaf wrote:i was officially refused entry to uk but given a teporary leave to stay for which i didn't exceeded my required priod and i have already submitted an appeal which i am yet to get acknowledgment for. can i still use my visa to travel to uk
If your temp leave was multiple entry & is still valid then yeah you can come to UK...but more details would make it easier for members to advise
Manka

dekaf

Re: entry refusal

Post by dekaf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Manka10 wrote:
dekaf wrote:i was officially refused entry to uk but given a teporary leave to stay for which i didn't exceeded my required priod and i have already submitted an appeal which i am yet to get acknowledgment for. can i still use my visa to travel to uk
If your temp leave was multiple entry & is still valid then yeah you can come to UK...but more details would make it easier for members to advise

thank you for your reply. i have a six months multiple entry visa and my temporary leave to stay was till 6th of February 2012, and i have already submitted my appeal last month.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Your post is unclear. What do you mean 'you were officially refused entry but given temporay leave to stay'?

If you were given temporary admission then you do not have leave to enter the UK and if you leave the country your appeal will be treated as abandoned. It is not clear from your thread but it appears they have cancelled your visa and this is what you have appealed? Are you outside or inside the UK at the moment?

What visa did you have and why did they refuse you entry?

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Greenie wrote:Your post is unclear. What do you mean 'you were officially refused entry but given temporay leave to stay'?

If you were given temporary admission then you do not have leave to enter the UK and if you leave the country your appeal will be treated as abandoned. It is not clear from your thread but it appears they have cancelled your visa and this is what you have appealed? Are you outside or inside the UK at the moment?

What visa did you have and why did they refuse you entry?

I have a six months family visitor visa and back in my country Nigeria.
The entry clearance officer said he was not satisfied that the leave granted to me to attend my cousins graduation because he believed that false representation was applied or material facts were not disclosed for the purpose of obtaining the leave or that has been such a change of circumstances in my case since the leave was granted that the leave should be cancelled and he therefore cancelled me leave. i was given two conditions, either to have a temporary leave so that i can appeal within fifteen days in the Uk or i will be returned to my country the following day after my arrival. I pick the option of staying to appeal since I actually intended staying for ten days.

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 pm

thank so much, i applied for a 10 days family visit visa, at the port of entry i was asked of my mission to the Uk and and where i will be staying. i told the lady i am on a family visit and i will be staying in an hotel, she said why should i stay in an hotel if i have a family visa. i told her my cousin do not have enough space for me in his house and his live's with his family in Hampshire and they do not have enough space for me that i have already made an hotel reservation. i was asked to step aside and later transfer to another officer that late questioned me. he told the hotel i made my hotel reservation was contacted and they told him my reservation as being cancelled and my cousin too was contacted that my cousin doesn't live in Hampshire. he concluded that my statement contradicts my cousin's and the hotel do not have a place for me either, but the office confirmed that my cousin was waiting to receive me but they have to refuse my entry, and either return me the next day back to my country or give me a temporary stay to appeal against my refusal within 14 days which is even more than my intended days of visit. i opted for the stay to appeal but later realised that the appeal take longer than 14days which i didn't plan for.

now my visa was cancelled and actually returned to my country within the my speculated time. could this affect my other chances of applying for Uk visa in future? etc

dekaf

issue of pending appeal

Post by dekaf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 am

can i discuss issue of pending appeal here?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Sure. Feel free.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dekaf

entry refusal

Post by dekaf » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Thank you very much. Like i stated in my earlier post. i applied for a 10 days family visitor visa last year October to attend my cousin graduation in November and my (six months multiple)visa was not granted until after some days after the graduation days. This prompted me to extend my date of travelling since i could not make it for the graduation. It was also important for me to make use of the visa since it was my first British visa. After consultations with my cousin I decided to travel in February 2012. Upon my arrival at Heathrow airport i was asked of my mission to the Uk and where I intended staying by the Uk border agent. i told the lady, i am on a family visit for my cousin graduation in Hampshire, although i will be staying in an hotel, she said why should i stay in an hotel if i have a family visa. i told her my cousin may not have enough space for me in his house, since he has a family, that i have already made an hotel reservation. i was asked to step aside and later transfer to another officer that late questioned me. He told me the hotel i made my hotel reservation was contacted and they told him my reservation was actually made and later cancelled, and my cousin too was contacted that my cousin doesn't live in Hampshire. He concluded that my statement contradicts my cousin's and the hotel does not have a place for me either, the officer confirmed that my cousin was waiting to receive me at the airport. That he is not convinced me and my cousin are truly cousins, that he will have to refuse my entry, and either return me the next day back to my country or give me a temporary stay to appeal against my refusal within 14 days in the uk, Which is even more than my intended days of visit. i opted for the stay to appeal but later realised that the appeal take longer than 14days which i didn't plan for. My entry was cancelled but I was granted temporary entry of which i returned to my country within my initial specified days, although I have already appeal against this decision and my question is this. Has anyone here experienced this? Which I need advice in regards to my future visa applications etc.

regards

dekaf

make a fresh application

Post by dekaf » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am

can anyone advice me on how to go about applying for another application after being refused entry at Heathrow airport but later give a temporary entry to defend the entry refusal.

dekaf wrote:Thank you very much. Like i stated in my earlier post. i applied for a 10 days family visitor visa last year October to attend my cousin graduation in November and my (six months multiple)visa was not granted until after some days after the graduation days. This prompted me to extend my date of travelling since i could not make it for the graduation. It was also important for me to make use of the visa since it was my first British visa. After consultations with my cousin I decided to travel in February 2012. Upon my arrival at Heathrow airport i was asked of my mission to the Uk and where I intended staying by the Uk border agent. i told the lady, i am on a family visit for my cousin graduation in Hampshire, although i will be staying in an hotel, she said why should i stay in an hotel if i have a family visa. i told her my cousin may not have enough space for me in his house, since he has a family, that i have already made an hotel reservation. i was asked to step aside and later transfer to another officer that late questioned me. He told me the hotel i made my hotel reservation was contacted and they told him my reservation was actually made and later cancelled, and my cousin too was contacted that my cousin doesn't live in Hampshire. He concluded that my statement contradicts my cousin's and the hotel does not have a place for me either, the officer confirmed that my cousin was waiting to receive me at the airport. That he is not convinced me and my cousin are truly cousins, that he will have to refuse my entry, and either return me the next day back to my country or give me a temporary stay to appeal against my refusal within 14 days in the uk, Which is even more than my intended days of visit. i opted for the stay to appeal but later realised that the appeal take longer than 14days which i didn't plan for. My entry was cancelled but I was granted temporary entry of which i returned to my country within my initial specified days, although I have already appeal against this decision and my question is this. Has anyone here experienced this? Which I need advice in regards to my future visa applications etc.

regards

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: make a fresh application

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

dekaf wrote:can anyone advice me on how to go about applying for another application after being refused entry at Heathrow airport but later give a temporary entry to defend the entry refusal.

dekaf wrote:Thank you very much. Like i stated in my earlier post. i applied for a 10 days family visitor visa last year October to attend my cousin graduation in November and my (six months multiple)visa was not granted until after some days after the graduation days. This prompted me to extend my date of travelling since i could not make it for the graduation. It was also important for me to make use of the visa since it was my first British visa. After consultations with my cousin I decided to travel in February 2012. Upon my arrival at Heathrow airport i was asked of my mission to the Uk and where I intended staying by the Uk border agent. i told the lady, i am on a family visit for my cousin graduation in Hampshire, although i will be staying in an hotel, she said why should i stay in an hotel if i have a family visa. i told her my cousin may not have enough space for me in his house, since he has a family, that i have already made an hotel reservation. i was asked to step aside and later transfer to another officer that late questioned me. He told me the hotel i made my hotel reservation was contacted and they told him my reservation was actually made and later cancelled, and my cousin too was contacted that my cousin doesn't live in Hampshire. He concluded that my statement contradicts my cousin's and the hotel does not have a place for me either, the officer confirmed that my cousin was waiting to receive me at the airport. That he is not convinced me and my cousin are truly cousins, that he will have to refuse my entry, and either return me the next day back to my country or give me a temporary stay to appeal against my refusal within 14 days in the uk, Which is even more than my intended days of visit. i opted for the stay to appeal but later realised that the appeal take longer than 14days which i didn't plan for. My entry was cancelled but I was granted temporary entry of which i returned to my country within my initial specified days, although I have already appeal against this decision and my question is this. Has anyone here experienced this? Which I need advice in regards to my future visa applications etc.

regards
What was the outcome of your initial appeal against the entry refusal?
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:55 pm

the appeal was turn down

Choc-Ice wrote:
dekaf wrote:can anyone advice me on how to go about applying for another application after being refused entry at Heathrow airport but later give a temporary entry to defend the entry refusal.

regards

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 am

You will probably have been banned for sometime because of the false representation.The ban is normally 10 years.In the future when applying for visas please tell the truth even if it is inconvenient.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm

dekaf wrote:the appeal was turn down

Choc-Ice wrote:

regards
To be honest, its a tricky situation. Like the other poster said, you might have received a ban but the only way to know if you apply! I PERSONALLY would apply and attach a cover letter explaining the situation, it will left to the discretion of the ECO. If you proceed to apply, don't lie just explain everything thoroughly!

dekaf

Post by dekaf » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

i believe its just a misunderstanding and i believe it can be resolved i just need advice and assistance on how to get this corrected as i strongly believe i have not employed any falsehood in my application.

what could be the likelihood of the ban that many be.

Choc-Ice wrote:

Choc-Ice wrote:

To be honest, its a tricky situation. Like the other poster said, you might have received a ban but the only way to know if you apply! I PERSONALLY would apply and attach a cover letter explaining the situation, it will left to the discretion of the ECO. If you proceed to apply, don't lie just explain everything thoroughly!

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:08 am

Your hotel reservation was canceled even thou you said you had booked a room and your cousin didn't live in Hampshire as you indicated.I totally believe you didn't tell any porkies deliberately.

dekaf

faulty hotel reservation

Post by dekaf » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:37 pm

these might sound funny but its not, i was suppose to travel in November of the preceding year before i deeded and the hotel reservation made then was cancelled, while i was waiting for my visa approval which came out some weeks behind my initial travel date,. the hotel reservation made then was not cancelled and my agent was billed which made my agent on the second thought to cancelled the second reservation . and on the issue of Hampshire, i have never been to united kingdom in my life and it is a general believe in my country that united kingdom is just London and put that into imagination an average first time traveler to united kingdom from my country will refer to a place like Southampton reading as London. like i said earlier, i have no hiding skeleton with on that trip i NEVER intended to remain in the united kingdom and I DO NOT INTEND TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM IN THE FUTURE rather than visiting and return back to my country. what i need is advice on what i have to do get my credibility back which i believe someone here can help me achieve.
peppekalle wrote:Your hotel reservation was canceled even thou you said you had booked a room and your cousin didn't live in Hampshire as you indicated.I totally believe you didn't tell any porkies deliberately.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:44 pm

dekaf wrote:i believe its just a misunderstanding and i believe it can be resolved i just need advice and assistance on how to get this corrected as i strongly believe i have not employed any falsehood in my application.

what could be the likelihood of the ban that many be.

Choc-Ice wrote:

Choc-Ice wrote:
Nobody on here can tell you what the outcome will be! You will only get concrete advice on what to do..Like I said, write a letter with your visa application, detail your story and be honest about..All you can do after that is PRAY AND HOPE!

As long as you know it was