ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking funds out

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Taking funds out

Post by jason32 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 am

Hi Guyz,

I am applying for my PSW on monday next week, but I dont have enough money in account to pay for my fee, £1400...so I am just thinking about taking the money out of the account after I get the statement to pay the fee. Would that be ok or should I keep the money in till I receive my visa? :oops:

bobobo

Re: Taking funds out

Post by bobobo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

its advisable to keep the money in the account until you receive your visa, just incase something goes wrong and an updated statement needs to be sent
jason32 wrote:Hi Guyz,

I am applying for my PSW on monday next week, but I dont have enough money in account to pay for my fee, £1400...so I am just thinking about taking the money out of the account after I get the statement to pay the fee. Would that be ok or should I keep the money in till I receive my visa? :oops:

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Taking funds out

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

jason32 wrote:Hi Guyz,

you need to have the money for 90 days ending no more than a month before your application and on the day of the application. So if you are using the maintenance funds to pay the fee, you will not meet the maintenance requirement. Whether the UKBA realise this will depend on whether or not they vertify that the funds were in your account on the day of your applcation. This is a flaw in the PBS system.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:47 pm

One more thing, I just got a copy of my bank statement from Barclays and they printed it on a normal white paper with no logo on it, however they stamped and signed all the papers, they said they will not give me an account maintenance letter. Is that enough for applying?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 pm

jason32 wrote:One more thing, I just got a copy of my bank statement from Barclays and they printed it on a normal white paper with no logo on it, however they stamped and signed all the papers, they said they will not give me an account maintenance letter. Is that enough for applying?
no statements without the logo of the bank, regardless of whether they are stamped or not will not be accepted by UKBA.

Do you have internet banking - can you print out the statements from online with the logo? If so ask them to stamp those statements instead. If not go in there with a copy of the policy guidance and stress to them the importance of having statements that meet these requirements.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:34 pm

i dont think even printing from online account will have their logo on the statement.

UKBA website says "an electronic bank statement bearing • the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement."

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm

jason32 wrote:i dont think even printing from online account will have their logo on the statement.

UKBA website says "an electronic bank statement bearing • the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement."
the policy guidance states that the logo is also required if electronic bank statements are being provided. have you tried printing them out to see what they look like?

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 am

Even when printing online there is no logo on statements. So what should I do? I am sure they get thousands of applications from people who have accounts in barclays and they would know how this bank works?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 am

why didnt you just ask the bank to send the statements in post ( I know the statements are in the correct format as I had asked for these several times when I had one of my accounts with them), I personally feel bank statements without a logo are dodgy and I wouldnt trust them.
jason32 wrote:Even when printing online there is no logo on statements. So what should I do? I am sure they get thousands of applications from people who have accounts in barclays and they would know how this bank works?

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 pm

bobobo wrote:why didnt you just ask the bank to send the statements in post ( I know the statements are in the correct format as I had asked for these several times when I had one of my accounts with them), I personally feel bank statements without a logo are dodgy and I wouldnt trust them.
jason32 wrote:Even when printing online there is no logo on statements. So what should I do? I am sure they get thousands of applications from people who have accounts in barclays and they would know how this bank works?
Yes I did ask for a printed copy in mail, and what I received was a copy of statement on a plain white paper, just like you print at home. So obviously HO wouldnt accept it so I went to the bank and asked for a copy there and what they gave me was exactly the same as i received in my post, on a plain white paper with NO LOGO. SO I asked them to at least stamp and sign every page which they did. But refunsed to give me account maintenance letter.

Should I apply with this statement? Stamp clearly says " This is to certify that this is a true likeness of original statement from Barclays bank" Signed by the branch manager.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:07 pm

what you can do is, lof into your internet banking, take screenshots of the web page, paste it on a word document (this will show bbank name, a/c name, a/c number - make sure all dates are covered and the numbers are easily readable) then take this to your bank and get this stamped.
atleast you have more information on the document, godforbid if they refuse the PSW you atleast have a fighting chance during appeal process, blank paper without logo or bank name might go against you.
jason32 wrote:
bobobo wrote:why didnt you just ask the bank to send the statements in post ( I know the statements are in the correct format as I had asked for these several times when I had one of my accounts with them), I personally feel bank statements without a logo are dodgy and I wouldnt trust them.
Yes I did ask for a printed copy in mail, and what I received was a copy of statement on a plain white paper, just like you print at home. So obviously HO wouldnt accept it so I went to the bank and asked for a copy there and what they gave me was exactly the same as i received in my post, on a plain white paper with NO LOGO. SO I asked them to at least stamp and sign every page which they did. But refunsed to give me account maintenance letter.

Should I apply with this statement? Stamp clearly says " This is to certify that this is a true likeness of original statement from Barclays bank" Signed by the branch manager.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

bobobo wrote:what you can do is, lof into your internet banking, take screenshots of the web page, paste it on a word document (this will show bbank name, a/c name, a/c number - make sure all dates are covered and the numbers are easily readable) then take this to your bank and get this stamped.
atleast you have more information on the document, godforbid if they refuse the PSW you atleast have a fighting chance during appeal process, blank paper without logo or bank name might go against you.
jason32 wrote:

You got me worried now, can I just get an account maintenance letter if they provide that?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:49 pm

No Bank will provide such a letter due to certain implications, FSA has notified banks not to do so, i am an investment banker and believe me I know this...

Dont take chances just give the best you can, this option is better than printing the statements out without logo or bank name

jason32 wrote:
bobobo wrote:what you can do is, lof into your internet banking, take screenshots of the web page, paste it on a word document (this will show bbank name, a/c name, a/c number - make sure all dates are covered and the numbers are easily readable) then take this to your bank and get this stamped.
jason32 wrote:

You got me worried now, can I just get an account maintenance letter if they provide that?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Banks can provide such letters. Santander provide them all the time.

Op have you tried printing out the statements from the machine in the branch? These have the logo.

If the bank can't provide you a letter then they can at least print out the statement on letter headed paper. Go back and insist.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Greenie wrote:Banks can provide such letters. Santander provide them all the time.

Op have you tried printing out the statements from the machine in the branch? These have the logo.

If the bank can't provide you a letter then they can at least print out the statement on letter headed paper. Go back and insist.
Yes I'll go and speak to them tomorrow again, if not at least they should give me an account maintenance letter.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Greenie are you sure, any retail bank with a holding company which has an Investment desk active in Holding country will not provide a letter, be it Natwest (RBS), Barclays (BARCAP), Santander (SAN CORP).
OP can be sure to try, but I have my reservations
Greenie wrote:Banks can provide such letters. Santander provide them all the time.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 pm

I've tried everything, the bank is not supportive in this matter, I asked them at least give me a letter that says the statement is authentic but they refused to do it, no account maintenance letter was given.

So the statement I have now seems to be the best options, the statement is on plain white paper but has original bank stamp and signs on every page.

uk.london
Newly Registered

Post by uk.london » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 pm

jason32 wrote:I've tried everything, the bank is not supportive in this matter, I asked them at least give me a letter that says the statement is authentic but they refused to do it, no account maintenance letter was given.

So the statement I have now seems to be the best options, the statement is on plain white paper but has original bank stamp and signs on every page.
I had similar problem but I manage to get the Maintenance letter. I suggest you visit any central London branches I got the letter from Regent Street Branch.

i3luf
Newly Registered

PSW (BANK STATEMENT)

Post by i3luf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:37 am

Hi,

i am going to apply for PSW on This Monday, i was just browsing some of the recent posts for PSW and seen this post, i had same problem with me as well,i have ordered my bank statement (barclays) and they have posted me on my home address with a letter, but there is no logo on statement,

Info on statement is :
-My full name
-Accout #
-Address
but its printed on rubbish dogy paper between i been to nearest branch they stamped it.
is this okey for my PSW requirement.

*Thanks_In_Advance*

jason32
Member of Standing

Re: PSW (BANK STATEMENT)

Post by jason32 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:58 am

i3luf wrote:Hi,

i am going to apply for PSW on This Monday, i was just browsing some of the recent posts for PSW and seen this post, i had same problem with me as well,i have ordered my bank statement (barclays) and they have posted me on my home address with a letter, but there is no logo on statement,

Info on statement is :
-My full name
-Accout #
-Address
but its printed on rubbish dogy paper between i been to nearest branch they stamped it.

*Thanks_In_Advance*
Yes barclays seems to be the most unprofessional bank in UK. THey dont listen and they dont print out statements on papers with their logo on.

Never had this issue with HSBC

i3luf
Newly Registered

Post by i3luf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 pm

jason32 wrote:

Info on statement is :
-My full name
-Accout #
-Address

*Thanks_In_Advance*
Yes barclays seems to be the most unprofessional bank in UK. THey dont listen and they dont print out statements on papers with their logo on.

thanking you sir, is that okey to submit my PSW application with the same bank statement or shall i go to barclay and insist them to print on their letterhead.

thanks.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 pm

If its stamped then the statement should be fine, try to get a letter from barclays saying the statements that are enclosed are true, this letter shoud be on the letter head
i3luf wrote:
jason32 wrote:

Info on statement is :
-My full name
-Accout #
-Address

*Thanks_In_Advance*

thanking you sir, is that okey to submit my PSW application with the same bank statement or shall i go to barclay and insist them to print on their letterhead.

thanks.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

They dont give any letters

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 pm

They generally do not give maintanence Letters, however they should provide a CL stating the enclosed staements are true and original
jason32 wrote:They dont give any letters