ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asking for documents return

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vignezh
United Kingdom

Asking for documents return

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Does anyone know how long will it take for UKBA to return the documents if we request it?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Asking for documents return

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:39 pm

vignezh wrote:Does anyone know how long will it take for UKBA to return the documents if we request it?
Hi Someone please answer this... I sent my application on 12th received at UKBA on 13th March fee paid by Bankers draft. I haven't received the acknowledgement letter yet. I checked with the bank again today and they said the bankers draft has not been cashed yet and they are happy to process the refund if I request.

I am thinking whether I should recall my application and submit again with debit card payment or credit card payment. It is increasing frustrating as i am starting to fear that UKBA have ignored my application and it is now heading towards a black hole...

How long will they take to return the documents after you request for it. Will they still take the fee, if they haven't taken already?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:42 pm

As per other posts, Due to heavy rush of applications, there is a delay in processing of all the applications posted in last 15 - 20 days.

Don't panic. If you have the proof of delivery of your application, then it has definitely reached them and they will process it.

Don't go in the loop of getting the documents back unless you have some travel plans
Last edited by mantasingh on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:42 pm

why do you want to withdraw your application?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Greenie wrote:why do you want to withdraw your application?
Hi Greenie

As written above, i submitted on 12th March and we haven't received the acknowledgement letter. The bank says the "the bankers draft" has not been presented until today. So i am wondering whether they have dumped our application somewhere. My leave expires on 1st May. In case they return our application after this date as invalid or rejected, what will happen?

I am also worried about a mistake i did in the application. I printed both main and dependant application 2-sided and forgot to print page 9 on its own. HEnce the section 2 is starting from page 10 on the back side.

I am thinking if I request them to return my documents, since they haven't presented my draft yet, they wont be able to charge me. Once i receive the documents, i can submit them again by paying using debit card.

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Banker's draft should be good enough. You don't need to re-apply, just wait n watch.

Don't bother too much as this process is slow and it has even slowed down now due to the last minute rush before Fee rise and also due to the fact that UKBA would be busy with visa processing for Olympics 2012.
Give me more Karma (+)

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:49 pm

mantasingh wrote:As per other posts, Due to heavy rush of applications, there is a delay in processing of all the applications posted in last 15 - 20 days.

Don't panic. If you have the proof of delivery of your application, then it has definitely reached them and they will process it.

Don't go in the loop of getting the documents back unless you have some travel plans
But a lot of people applied around the same time has mine have had payments taken and received their acknowledgment letters... This includes someone paying by bankers draft who submitted on 14th and recieved letter on 24th...

So what happen in case they return my application as invalid/refused after my visa expires. Do I get to apply again or have to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:26 pm

QuickSam wrote:Banker's draft should be good enough. You don't need to re-apply, just wait n watch.

Don't bother too much as this process is slow and it has even slowed down now due to the last minute rush before Fee rise and also due to the fact that UKBA would be busy with visa processing for Olympics 2012.
So what happen in case they return my application as invalid/refused after my visa expires. Do I get to apply again or have to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:30 pm

vignezh wrote:
vignezh wrote:Does anyone know how long will it take for UKBA to return the documents if we request it?
Hi Someone please answer this... I sent my application on 12th received at UKBA on 13th March fee paid by Bankers draft. I haven't received the acknowledgement letter yet. I checked with the bank again today and they said the bankers draft has not been cashed yet and they are happy to process the refund if I request.

I am thinking whether I should recall my application and submit again with debit card payment or credit card payment. It is increasing frustrating as i am starting to fear that UKBA have ignored my application and it is now heading towards a black hole...

How long will they take to return the documents after you request for it. Will they still take the fee, if they haven't taken already?
ask the bank to cancel the draft payment and get your refund before you ask uk ba to cancen ur application and get application back. if you first ask uk ba to return documents it is possible that they may deduct payment saying payment was already processed before your request to return documents reached them

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:05 pm

sts96508 wrote:
vignezh wrote:

ask the bank to cancel the draft payment and get your refund before you ask uk ba to cancen ur application and get application back. if you first ask uk ba to return documents it is possible that they may deduct payment saying payment was already processed before your request to return documents reached them
I guess the only option i have now is to wait... UKBA say it will take 20 working days to get your documents if you decide to withdraw your application. only tier 2 and tier 5 can request urgent same day return apparently. I dont want to risk withdraw as they may not return my docs before my leave expires on 1st May...

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

vignezh wrote:
QuickSam wrote:Banker's draft should be good enough. You don't need to re-apply, just wait n watch.

What is the reason you think your application can get rejected? If they reject it after your visa expiry they will probably give you a right to appeal.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 pm

networkers wrote:
vignezh wrote:

What is the reason you think your application can get rejected? If they reject it after your visa expiry they will probably give you a right to appeal.
I honestly dont think i have any reason for rejection. there is a small mistake in my application which printed double sided and missed the instructions about page 9 with section 2 starting on front side. In case they send my application as invalid after my visa expires... will i get a chance to reapply from within the UK

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

vignezh wrote:
networkers wrote:
vignezh wrote:

I honestly dont think i have any reason for rejection. there is a small mistake in my application which printed double sided and missed the instructions about page 9 with section 2 starting on front side. In case they send my application as invalid after my visa expires... will i get a chance to reapply from within the UK
only refusal cases can appeal or reapply after expiry of current leave, not if application is returned as invalid. but i have never heard of anyone getting rejected due to the form printing mistake you have made