ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- help...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aryan101
Newly Registered

ILR- help...

Post by aryan101 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi,
My ILR is due on Jan. 2013, i have been on company work permit since Jan. 2008. I am came here on student visa but i did not complete my study and worked full time later got work permit. At that time i was not aware about the rule as i withdrew the course after second semester due to personal reason and started working full time.
A friend of mine told me there is an immigration rule --section 320(7B), which states that any one who have breached immigration rule before october 2008 will be taken as granted and can apply further to leave or ILR.

Can any one please advice me on this?
Also on my company sponsor letter what date i should ask them to write...my joining date which april 2007 or work permit Jan. 2008.

Please advice me...
Many thanks.

aryan101
Newly Registered

Re: ILR- help...

Post by aryan101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 am

aryan101 wrote:Hi,
My ILR is due on Jan. 2013, i have been on company work permit since Jan. 2008. I am came here on student visa but i did not complete my study and worked full time later got work permit. At that time i was not aware about the rule as i withdrew the course after second semester due to personal reason and started working full time.
A friend of mine told me there is an immigration rule --section 320(7B), which states that any one who have breached immigration rule before october 2008 will be taken as granted and can apply further to leave or ILR.

Can any one please advice me on this?
Also on my company sponsor letter what date i should ask them to write...my joining date which april 2007 or work permit Jan. 2008.

Please advice me...
Many thanks.

Can anyone please advise me .....am I safe due to section 320(7B)....if not what joining date I should ask my HR to write......
Please guide me

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 am

Hi

Well to the best of my knowledge you should ask your company to put the joining date in your employer letter after you get the WP and offcourse not the date when you actually joined them.

Hope this will answer your half post.

I didn't get your other question can you please kindly ellaborate your question a little bit more.

What do you actually mean by the above sentece kindly do it in plain english.

aryan101
Newly Registered

Post by aryan101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Smam,
Thanks for reply..

What i meant was....Since i broke immigration law in 2007 by working full time on my student visa for 9 months....what are the chances of getting ILR...Does it bother ..?

Also, is there any immigration rule, which states after october 2008 if you break any immigration rule you will not grant any further to leave or ILR..?

Can you or anyone please advice me?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

If you are in breach of immigration rules during the time of your qualifying period. Then you will be in trouble.

If you would have choosed to go for an ILR based on 10 year long residency, then this would be a problem.
The question is... to be or not to be....

aryan101
Newly Registered

Post by aryan101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:If you are in breach of immigration rules during the time of your qualifying period. Then you will be in trouble.

If you would have choosed to go for an ILR based on 10 year long residency, then this would be a problem.
Hi Zahid,
Thanks for the reply...I will apply ILR based on work permit...can you please advise me what to do?
Many thanks.

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 pm

I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for his passport will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? .
ILR SET , M application

Thanks for any reply

shabaz1298
Newly Registered

Post by shabaz1298 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 pm

dear Friends
I send old version application form for my wife in 22 feb 2012
the fees taken on 28/02/2012
acknowledgment letter received of dated 24/02/2012
i got a letter on 08/03/2012 that the application we send is out of date and they send us a new application form and( envelope the my wife Ref No added with case worker Ref No )to complete the new form

i complete the new form and post on 10/03/2012 but still never received anythings.

could anyone idea what will be the next step