ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted on 27/03/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gpraveenrao
Newly Registered

ILR Granted on 27/03/2012

Post by gpraveenrao » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Got ILR for myself and wife yesterday from Croydon at the PEO.

Just some info for people who are in the process of applying for ILR.

Route to ILR - HSMP > Tier 1 (Gen) > ILR

Process:
Appointment was at 12 pm. Arrived at Croydon PEO at 11.45, delay due to search for a parking spot. My advice for people who drive is to park at Whitgift Parking (entry on main road opposite to Lunar House). Cost around 10 pounds for 5 hours.

Security took 5 minutes, went in to see first official who scanned application form and gave a folder for all my documentation and a token. Sent to 1st floor for payment at the counter. Small queue, took 10 minutes to make payment through debit card for £2045. Receipt given and advised to wait with a lot of applicants in the waiting area.

After approximately, 45 minutes called in to see another official who checked our passports and payment receipt and for input of our details into the system. Sent back to wait. Another 40 minute wait and then the call came for biometric registration for both of us. Very nice officer here who took our fingerprints and photos (approx time taken 1o minutes).

At around 2.10pm, called by another officer who took all documentation and application form with payment receipt. Asked to come back in two hours time (NB: you need to be in before 4 pm as door closes then).

Documentation given:
Cohabitation x 2 years
Council Tax docs
Wife's bank statements for one year
Electoral polling cards
NHS cards
Rental Agreements for both years (had my wife's name in both)

PBS for myself
12 months payslips (one month missing)
P60s for all 5 years (one was duplicate from previous employer accompanied by letter from HR)
NI contribution statement from HMRC
Bank Statements for 12 months to corroborate earnings
Employment contracts x 2

After handing over documents, strolled to nearest shopping mall and had lunch returned at around 3.45pm. then started an agonising wait until 6.15 pm, yes 6.15 pm!

Called into the Customer Information Desk where the officer said application is successful and gave back all documentation albeit in a total haphazard manner. Accompanied with letter confirming ILR.
NB: There is no more stamping in the passport for ILR but new Biometric Reognition Permit for both of us will be sent by post within 10 working days.

Some things to remember:
We had our son with us (3 years) so make sure you have some toy/book to keep child company. There is a small coffee shop on second floor for snacks. Be prepared for a long wait.

Now on to MN1 for our son!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 am

Congrats gpraveenrao !

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 am

Congrats Praveen ...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 am

b/w wat was the total absences from UK ??? was it all straightforward ?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: ILR Granted on 27/03/2012

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm

gpraveenrao wrote:Got ILR for myself and wife yesterday from Croydon at the PEO.

Just some info for people who are in the process of applying for ILR.

Route to ILR - HSMP > Tier 1 (Gen) > ILR

Process:
Appointment was at 12 pm. Arrived at Croydon PEO at 11.45, delay due to search for a parking spot. My advice for people who drive is to park at Whitgift Parking (entry on main road opposite to Lunar House). Cost around 10 pounds for 5 hours.

Security took 5 minutes, went in to see first official who scanned application form and gave a folder for all my documentation and a token. Sent to 1st floor for payment at the counter. Small queue, took 10 minutes to make payment through debit card for £2045. Receipt given and advised to wait with a lot of applicants in the waiting area.

After approximately, 45 minutes called in to see another official who checked our passports and payment receipt and for input of our details into the system. Sent back to wait. Another 40 minute wait and then the call came for biometric registration for both of us. Very nice officer here who took our fingerprints and photos (approx time taken 1o minutes).

At around 2.10pm, called by another officer who took all documentation and application form with payment receipt. Asked to come back in two hours time (NB: you need to be in before 4 pm as door closes then).

Documentation given:
Cohabitation x 2 years
Council Tax docs
Wife's bank statements for one year
Electoral polling cards
NHS cards
Rental Agreements for both years (had my wife's name in both)

PBS for myself
12 months payslips (one month missing)
P60s for all 5 years (one was duplicate from previous employer accompanied by letter from HR)
NI contribution statement from HMRC
Bank Statements for 12 months to corroborate earnings
Employment contracts x 2

After handing over documents, strolled to nearest shopping mall and had lunch returned at around 3.45pm. then started an agonising wait until 6.15 pm, yes 6.15 pm!

Called into the Customer Information Desk where the officer said application is successful and gave back all documentation albeit in a total haphazard manner. Accompanied with letter confirming ILR.
NB: There is no more stamping in the passport for ILR but new Biometric Reognition Permit for both of us will be sent by post within 10 working days.

Some things to remember:
We had our son with us (3 years) so make sure you have some toy/book to keep child company. There is a small coffee shop on second floor for snacks. Be prepared for a long wait.

Now on to MN1 for our son!
Congrats man, it's worth the wait..... enjoy it with the family.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats Praveen ...

I need Help please ,,,,,,,,,,,

Application sent January 18
Letter received January 23
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 am

congrats praveen,

Can you please help me out I am worried for my 2 yrs old son for the long hectic day of my ILR.
I am planning to get his MN1 after my ILR

Can you please share your experience and answer -

i) Can my wife and son leave the building once biometric is done? or CW may ask for mywife to be present during interview?

ii) On otherhad If me and mywife both wish to attend interview with CW, Can it cause any disruption to caseworker .

You answers will help me to decide if I should carry my son with me or I should arrange someone to look him after.
cheers
AVTAR

ineedhelpurgent
Newly Registered

Thank you all so much

Post by ineedhelpurgent » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks everyone for all your help I got my ilr stamp on the 26 th of April and it was issue on the 29 th of march 2012 , thanks so much big relief next British citizenship ,

I need Help please ,,,,,,,,,,,

Application sent January 18
Letter received January 23
money taken January 20
Still waiting

ILR SET M
I sent my Application sent out 18/01/2012 Letter received 23rd of January, out come still waiting is now two months and 2 weeks and now my husband want to travel urgently he needs his passport, please help me if i should request for my husband passport only will it affect my application or not will the home office return everything back ? or will that delay my application and their decision will they cancel it all ? . will they use my husband passport to decide my case ????? help[/quote]

avtarjain1980

hi praveen

Post by avtarjain1980 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 pm

can you please let me know [today please]

if before making payment through debit card for £2045 you had informed your bank in advance or not. Or is this applies to Credit card only?
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 pm

There is no harm in informing your bank (for credit or debit card) about the time, place and amount of transaction as sometimes the anti fraud measures block transactions of large amount.

avtarjain1980

abt Bank Txn

Post by avtarjain1980 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 pm

linkers wrote:There is no harm in informing your bank (for credit or debit card) about the time, place and amount of transaction as sometimes the anti fraud measures block transactions of large amount.
Sorry linker but I could not inform the bank in time. I have tried to say this to one clerk at cash point she did not take it seriously and while painting her nails, she said don't worry 2K is not a big deal for debit card. I am keep trying calling the bank since evening but no pick.
Just I want to confirm if someone has used debit card without intimating the bank. This will just give me a relief for tomorrow.
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 pm

I have not used debit card my self at PEO but I am sure it will be fine.