ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visitor visa rejected - Appeal or re apply?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bumblebee20
BANNED

UK Family Visitor visa rejected - Appeal or re apply?

Post by bumblebee20 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello there,

My mother applied for a family visitor visa and got rejected. Immigration officer not happy with her bank statement. He questioned about recent deposit of lump sum amount .

Can any one advise about appeal process? I heard appeal might take 6 months. In that case is it better to re apply with more additional proof documents.?

I am a BC and my mother is a pensioner living in india. Any advice is much appreciated.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: UK Family Visitor visa rejected - Appeal or re apply?

Post by Gregarious » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:57 am

bumblebee20 wrote:Hello there,

My mother applied for a family visitor visa and got rejected. Immigration officer not happy with her bank statement. He questioned about recent deposit of lump sum amount .

Can any one advise about appeal process? I heard appeal might take 6 months. In that case is it better to re apply with more additional proof documents.?

I am a BC and my mother is a pensioner living in india. Any advice is much appreciated.
I suggest for appeal rather than re-apply. Appeal shows that you are right in your position; and if you do not appeal than obviously it shows you are doubtful or suspicious. Additionally, it shows rejection in your mother's passport.

Bear in mind, time is a factor but it is better late than never.

Hope it helps
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

bumblebee20
BANNED

Post by bumblebee20 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks Gregarious for your reply.

I heard appeal takes more than 3 months to get decision. Has any one applied from india and gone through appeal process? we applied in chennai/India.

cheers

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 am

bumblebee20 wrote:Thanks Gregarious for your reply.

I heard appeal takes more than 3 months to get decision. Has any one applied from india and gone through appeal process? we applied in chennai/India.

cheers
I know it takes time but do not miss an opportunity of an appeal.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:51 pm

If she has a valid reason for placing a lump sum in her account and can prove this,she should explain this in a self explanatory statement with a new application.

It maybe that no clear explanation was given for this money, and teh ECO rightfully refused application as this is a common reason for refusal in Indian subcontinent.

Appealing is a long drawn out procedure and can take up to 6 months and if you employ a solicitor it can cost over £500+. Appealing settlement visas can be justified,but with a visitors visa it is not worth it as it only costs around £100 for a new application......providing you can provide good evidence to refute the refusal. My option would be to reapply rather than appeal, but its your decision that counts

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 pm

I agree with Batleykhan.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Its better to re apply. My brother got his student visa rejected. He appealed against the decision and took 14 months to make a decision by the tribunal. The decision was over turned but by that time it was useless for my brother :(
I am not sure how long it takes now. I am talking about 2 years back.

bumblebee20
BANNED

Post by bumblebee20 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Just an update ,hope it will find some one useful

my mother re applied and got her visa. She submitted all documents again, addition to those we attached letter from local bank manager and copy of cheque she deposited , we showed the source of money (another savings account) also.

venuistqb
Newly Registered

Post by venuistqb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi I wan to apply visit visa for my father too,

can you please brief me about bank statements

1.how much you showed in your mother account and how long

2.actually my father dont have bank account o i opened new account last month and i kept 1lak 50k in that account i want to apply by end of dec

is that fine

Please help me

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Re: UK Family Visitor visa rejected - Appeal or re apply?

Post by kiran.katawa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello Venu,

Did re-applying, by depositing sufficient funds, helped?
Did you explain the sources of deposit of the huge amount?

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran