ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) is going to move as Tier 1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jain.abhi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (general) is going to move as Tier 1 Dependent

Post by jain.abhi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to move from Tier 1 general to Tier 1 Dependent. I have following questions -

1. I am right now working on assignment in UK on Tier 1 G. Will I be able to work when I will be on Tier 1 Dependent? Do I need to show/grant permission from my employer which is actually an india based company and I am also an india based employee of that company?

2. While making the application shall i show my employment?

3. I am living in UK since past 3 years. My address and back statement will be from UK, will it be any issue while getting this dependent visa from my country?

Please let me know if anyone has faced any issue in getting the dependent visa while he/she is working in UK.

Many thanks,
Abhilasha

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 am

1. I am right now working on assignment in UK on Tier 1 G. Will I be able to work when I will be on Tier 1 Dependent? Do I need to show/grant permission from my employer which is actually an india based company and I am also an india based employee of that company?
----- Yes you would be

2. While making the application shall i show my employment?
----- Yes you can show it although not required
3. I am living in UK since past 3 years. My address and back statement will be from UK, will it be any issue while getting this dependent visa from my country?
-------------No

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:33 am

I guess you don't have an intention to get an ILR on your own visa as that would be difficult once you change from Tier 1 to Tier 1 dependant but the main applicant (your partner) in that case has to meet the ILR criteria.
Give me more Karma (+)