ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28th March PEO Croydon - IT Issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk79

28th March PEO Croydon - IT Issues

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

I booked a PEO appointment for 28th March at 2:20 PM.

I went through the procedure just like everyone else and had to wait for 3 hours. They called my ticket number at 6:00 PM to tell me their systems are down and my application wont be processed today.

This information was relayed by the same person who checked my documents at the first window.

I was told to call the Croydon office for an update. I think this is absolutely unfair or professional. I paid the top dollar to get my decision on the same day.

Does anyone facing a similar issue or have any suggestions for me?

-r

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:47 pm

They don't guarantee a decision on the day. I believe the statistics are around 90%.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi RK79

I had a similar situation on 7th March PEO Croydon office, I was told that my my file was not in their live location! - asked me to wait to hear from them and so far no news and i have tried to email, ring the 0870-they would not disclose details on application till its older then 6 months.

There is post for timeline on PEO applications
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=220

feel free to post your timeline

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

it is stupid that they charge an arm and a leg and tell you that they won't be processing your application today. if it was an IT issue at their end they should have rearranged you another appointment the following day.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Casa wrote:They don't guarantee a decision on the day. I believe the statistics are around 90%.
Hi Casa, How abt remaining 10% is there timeline ? They surely cannot treat as postal application 6 months rule?

rk79

Post by rk79 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

chweetgurl wrote:
Casa wrote:They don't guarantee a decision on the day. I believe the statistics are around 90%.
Hi Casa, How abt remaining 10% is there timeline ? They surely cannot treat as postal application 6 months rule?
I agree with you. That defeats the purpose of submitting a PEO

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Unfortunately they generally do join the postal application queue. However, if the reason for not processing on the day was purely due to IT problems, it should hopefully be given priority.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Write a compliant letter and take it all the way to the Ombudsman. Stick to your plane, you never know you might even get a refund.

selva

Re: 28th March PEO Croydon - IT Issues

Post by selva » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:49 pm

rk79 wrote:I booked a PEO appointment for 28th March at 2:20 PM.

I went through the procedure just like everyone else and had to wait for 3 hours. They called my ticket number at 6:00 PM to tell me their systems are down and my application wont be processed today.

This information was relayed by the same person who checked my documents at the first window.

I was told to call the Croydon office for an update. I think this is absolutely unfair or professional. I paid the top dollar to get my decision on the same day.

Does anyone facing a similar issue or have any suggestions for me?

-r
Hi rk79,

sorry to hear it. some more news

"Cancellation of appointments at our Croydon public enquiry office" -http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... roydon-peo

try to talk to them and ask for another appointment

clipclap
Newly Registered

IT issues struck me too

Post by clipclap » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I was also at the Croydon PEO today and was told about a systems failure on arrival. We were told to wait and after a hour they announced that systems are up again. We completed our biometric etc and left the rest to our solicitor. The solicitor called back a few ago and told me that they couldnt decision the case as the biometric results havent been received due to some systems issue.
The solicitor said that they have worked the case and was satisfied. They kept the passports and returned the supporting documents. They will do the rest of the stuff once the biometric thing is available. Their is however no ETA. It could be tomorrow or maybe next week.
Is their anybody in a similar situation ?

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm

vinaya wrote:Write a compliant letter and take it all the way to the Ombudsman. Stick to your plane, you never know you might even get a refund.
Hi Vinaya

I do plan to go that route next week because its just stressing me out so much given that i need to make urgent travel and on hold because of this.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi rk79

First of all thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience and I am really sorry to hear about that.

I just wanted to know that is it just the case at Croydon. If that's the situation at Croydon then I'll definitely not book my appointment at Croydon cause on the forum I haven't heard any other similar situation happened at any other PEOs.

Good luck for your ILR.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... _standards

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... on-peo.pdf

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:57 pm

chweetgurl wrote:I posted requesting information to Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... _standards

Waiting to see what they, If anyone has questions regarding the service(not application) please reply . There should surely be some accountability?

I was referring to these reports http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... n%20v1.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... on-peo.pdf
This is the most rediculous LEGAL SCAM . They are charging hell lot of money for same day service and then would say 'sorry can't process bla bla' if this is not a scam what else is a scam than? You are charging money for something that you are not providing. If they can not process, why on earth they took the money in the first place? They should check if they can process the application or not before taking the money. In any case, if they can't process, they should refund and charge the postal amount.

Thanks for your effort to challenge this. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. If we can legally challenge or sue or anything.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 pm

lets put it this way, if I were to go to PEO and they couldn't process my application the same day, I would not pay them the PEO same day service fee and would definitely argue with them. it is my hard earned money.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

@nionlight, Truly legal scam!Thank you for kind support I think will wait for another week and see whether the post has made any impact at all later consider next step.
@innocentdevil. The problem is payment is taken off before they even touch application. When the staff said this to me i did challenge and one of her supervisor i assume was intimidating and told me just because i paid for visa it will not be given to me! And quoted the 90% standard policy else asked me with withdraw application without refund just because they saw my application!

I even filled complaint form no one bothered to contact of course!

Venk_it

Re: IT issues struck me too

Post by Venk_it » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:13 am

clipclap wrote:I was also at the Croydon PEO today and was told about a systems failure on arrival. We were told to wait and after a hour they announced that systems are up again. We completed our biometric etc and left the rest to our solicitor. The solicitor called back a few ago and told me that they couldnt decision the case as the biometric results havent been received due to some systems issue.
The solicitor said that they have worked the case and was satisfied. They kept the passports and returned the supporting documents. They will do the rest of the stuff once the biometric thing is available. Their is however no ETA. It could be tomorrow or maybe next week.
Is their anybody in a similar situation ?

I was also at Croydon PEO yesterday and had the same situation as yours saying the Biometrics results were not received and said will call mostly today and also they confirmed me that all is fine with the application.

rk79

Post by rk79 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 am

Smam wrote:Hi rk79

First of all thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience and I am really sorry to hear about that.

I just wanted to know that is it just the case at Croydon. If that's the situation at Croydon then I'll definitely not book my appointment at Croydon cause on the forum I haven't heard any other similar situation happened at any other PEOs.

Good luck for your ILR.
Hi Smam,

If I were you, I'd wait until the system is back up and re apply (if you can afford to do that)

You can also call 08706067766 to enquire. I wish I could be of more help

-r

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am

UKBA will have compliant policy and there are supposed to have one by law and should produce it when requested.

The compliant policy will detail the procedure to be applied. In the event you are not able to get a response or UKBA fail to provide the copy of their compliant policy, this is what I will do:

1) Keep copies of all correspondences sent to UKBA ( if by post send it recorded, so you can track it, emails better if you have valid email ID to send the complaint to...)

2) If no response write to Ombudsman with copies of all relevant correspondence and detailed explanation of the scenario.

Its very important to be patient and not get frustrated. good Luck.

Also see below links:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... o-complain.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

[quote="rk79"]

Hi RK79,

Went to Croydon today and the systems are up and running now. I was advised by one of the staffs behind the counter that they are also considering applications that they could not decide on 28th/29th March due to IT problems therefore they are very busy.

So I am hopeful that your application wont be put in a que with postal applications and you will have a decision soon.

Goodluck

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm

VK82 wrote:
rk79 wrote:
Hi RK79,

Went to Croydon today and the systems are up and running now. I was advised by one of the staffs behind the counter that they are also considering applications that they could not decide on 28th/29th March due to IT problems therefore they are very busy.

So I am hopeful that your application wont be put in a que with postal applications and you will have a decision soon.

Goodluck
Hello VK82,

I just returned from Croydon PEO, exhausted and shell shocked.

My appointment was at 9, spent all day there only to be informed at 4pm that the application will not be decided today due to some further checks. I am on WP changed employers/WP/FLR's three times and i didn't know about the backlog they are clearing for last few days. Case worker said he is happy with the file but hasnt got the checks response from other departments... i think he just was making this up.. but i am totally drained of energy.. waited for 5 years for this day and paid 2 grand only to be told to go through agonizing pain.

Can you please tell me what other dept. and other checks he was talking about? he said he is not getting clearance from other dept which he cant name but he said i should expect a call early next week and if not then that means that "mystery" dept. will require to see my file.. what a load of balls... but i am scarred and anyone please let me know?

I am on WP and one dependent( my wife).

thanks

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Lahore, I was at Croydon for Set O and my appointment was for 10:20. Fortunately I got a positive decision, I am on HSMP + Tier 1. Can I ask you what time did you give biometrics and submitted your documents for consideration?

I am sure that I heard an announcement that they are having issues with biometrics after or around 12:15 and there may be few delays. I didnt get a chance to see my case worker, as I submitted my documents at one of the windows at 12:00 and was told that it will take them minimum two hours or may be more due to the backlog of applications they have. Finally my ticket number was called at around 15:05 and documents were returned to me at the customer service counter. I am told that biometrics is absolutely crucial as they match the finger prints to their database for any convictions and if there is any IT issue or they do not get any reply from database then they hold the application (one of the reasons for holding application). I can totally understand your frustation.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:23 pm

congrats... We gave biomet around 10:30... I dont know if he was the case worker who collected docs but he checked my file and said he would do some checks.. then he called me twice, first saying to go and dont come back for two hours and then last time to go away from the building.. to be honest i am totally mad at the moment. what checks they carry out that their system is always not working. why they make holes in our pockets and sit on them all day long..

he sais more likely i will get call next week but he mentioned checks, i am not sure what checks UKBA carry out if the rest of the file is ok..

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 pm

rk79 wrote:I booked a PEO appointment for 28th March at 2:20 PM.

rk79 - I feel for you. Exactly the same thing happened to us today. Have you heard back from them yet?

Sufi2
Newly Registered

Post by Sufi2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Pls can we have people's timelines of hearing from Croydon PEO - was at Croydon today IT went down. No service. After paying a hefty sum! I plan to complain after I hear the outcome of my application. Can somebody post address to claim refund? Application now being treated as postal.

Pls post as soon as you hear from Croydon
Last edited by Sufi2 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.