ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth Registration at council & applying for Indian Pass

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasb_003

Birth Registration at council & applying for Indian Pass

Post by jasb_003 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I believe that are a lot of people who are always searching for information on the above topic.Therefore I thought it would be useful if the information is summarised somewhere for the benefit of all.
1.A child born in Uk has to be registered for birth within six week.Registration is done in your local council office and you need to take appointment.
2.If both the parents are still married then any one of them can go for registration else only the mother can go and register.
3.The registration process is quite simple they just confirm the details of you and your partner such as date of birth,place of birth,occupation etc.The whole process takes around 10 mins.
4.The full birth certificate is issued for a nominal charge and you can buy additional copies.There is also something called short entry certificate but it is mainly for people who apply for benefits.
5.The registrar office already has the information from the hospital so therefore they just confirm it again and take more information.

Applying for Indian Passport
1.You can apply for passport in person or by post.However I think everyone knows which is the best option in this case.
2.Before you can apply for passort you have to register the birth of child in consular section.If the registration is not done within one year then there are some additional documents required.However both can be done on same day.
3.The documents required mainly are passport of both parents,birth certificate of child,2 sets of photocopies of the particulars page(both front and pages at then end of passport) and the recent visa page or copies of BRP.We self attested the photocopy pages of the passport since it is mentioned on their website.
4.The process of applying in person at indian high commision in london is as follows:
-You will need to queue up outside the high commission to get token.Remember to tell the person that you need two services i.e birth registration and passport.You will be given two tokens.The doors open around nine but people queue from six am I believe!!!
-Once inside you have to wait for your number to be called on counter 1 i.e conuslar section.In case your number is called on passport section before conuslar section you will need to inform the person that you are still waiting for consular service.
-When your number is called on consular service, give the passport ,birth certificate and one set of photocopies of each document alongwith the relevant fees.
-The consular section will issue you a receipt which you will need to apply for passport.However you will need to get a photocopy of the receipt from outside.
-Get the photocopy of the receipt done and then come to the passport counter.If you number has not been called yet then wait for your number or if your number has been already called then let the person know that you have now done the registration.
-Again give the birth certificate,passports,registration receipt and photocopy of all these documents to the person alongwith relevant fees.
-You will be given a receipt and asked to come back on a certain day between 4-5pm to pick up your passport.
-Please note that the passport can only be collected by one of the parents of the child unless the person collecting the passport has written authority.They donot inform you about this rule at the time of the submission but this is the rule.Even in case of adults they donot give passport to anyone else but the applicant unless the person has written authority from the applicant.
-Please check the details thoroughly before leaving the premises to avoid incovenience afterwards.

If I have missed anything or if any correction is needed then the members are welcome to edit it.

amar83
Newly Registered

Is the Baby Presence required

Post by amar83 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks for the detailed information.

When I go for applying Passport for my new Born son, is the presence of new born baby required, or is it enough if just one of the parent is present while applying. Thanks..

AmitG
Newly Registered

Post by AmitG » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks jasb_003, that's very useful.

Does anyone who has gone more recently have an update regarding the above process ? There seems to be some ambiguity regarding birth registration at HCI - the website says this has to be done online but it seems people have done this on site on the same day.

VIVESING022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Birth Registration at council & applying for Indian

Post by VIVESING022 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for providing the detailed info. I just want to know that once we register the birth of new born with high commission will they provide any document or anything. The reason why I am aksing this question is that because one of my friend did the same thing but the person sitting at the consular section asked my friend to give him next day delivery envelope. My friend is not aware that why the person has asked the envelope. Will high commission be sending some document related to birth registration with them ?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Cheers,
Vivek
jasb_003 wrote:I believe that are a lot of people who are always searching for information on the above topic.Therefore I thought it would be useful if the information is summarised somewhere for the benefit of all.
1.A child born in Uk has to be registered for birth within six week.Registration is done in your local council office and you need to take appointment.
2.If both the parents are still married then any one of them can go for registration else only the mother can go and register.
3.The registration process is quite simple they just confirm the details of you and your partner such as date of birth,place of birth,occupation etc.The whole process takes around 10 mins.
4.The full birth certificate is issued for a nominal charge and you can buy additional copies.There is also something called short entry certificate but it is mainly for people who apply for benefits.
5.The registrar office already has the information from the hospital so therefore they just confirm it again and take more information.

Applying for Indian Passport
1.You can apply for passport in person or by post.However I think everyone knows which is the best option in this case.
2.Before you can apply for passort you have to register the birth of child in consular section.If the registration is not done within one year then there are some additional documents required.However both can be done on same day.
3.The documents required mainly are passport of both parents,birth certificate of child,2 sets of photocopies of the particulars page(both front and pages at then end of passport) and the recent visa page or copies of BRP.We self attested the photocopy pages of the passport since it is mentioned on their website.
4.The process of applying in person at indian high commision in london is as follows:
-You will need to queue up outside the high commission to get token.Remember to tell the person that you need two services i.e birth registration and passport.You will be given two tokens.The doors open around nine but people queue from six am I believe!!!
-Once inside you have to wait for your number to be called on counter 1 i.e conuslar section.In case your number is called on passport section before conuslar section you will need to inform the person that you are still waiting for consular service.
-When your number is called on consular service, give the passport ,birth certificate and one set of photocopies of each document alongwith the relevant fees.
-The consular section will issue you a receipt which you will need to apply for passport.However you will need to get a photocopy of the receipt from outside.
-Get the photocopy of the receipt done and then come to the passport counter.If you number has not been called yet then wait for your number or if your number has been already called then let the person know that you have now done the registration.
-Again give the birth certificate,passports,registration receipt and photocopy of all these documents to the person alongwith relevant fees.
-You will be given a receipt and asked to come back on a certain day between 4-5pm to pick up your passport.
-Please note that the passport can only be collected by one of the parents of the child unless the person collecting the passport has written authority.They donot inform you about this rule at the time of the submission but this is the rule.Even in case of adults they donot give passport to anyone else but the applicant unless the person has written authority from the applicant.
-Please check the details thoroughly before leaving the premises to avoid incovenience afterwards.

If I have missed anything or if any correction is needed then the members are welcome to edit it.

Rumurinku
Newly Registered

Birth Registration AT HCI London

Post by Rumurinku » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Could any one please help me to know what is the new process for birth registration for ne born baby.

VIVESING022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Birth Registration AT HCI London

Post by VIVESING022 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Rumurinku wrote:Could any one please help me to know what is the new process for birth registration for ne born baby.
Hi,

Its still the same as mentioned in this post. The only change is that for birth registration you need to submit one online form and take the print-out of that form to the HCI. Online form can be submitted using the below link http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ormcode=09

Cheers,
Vivek

EmbassyVisitor
Newly Registered

Post by EmbassyVisitor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks a TON to jasb_003 for his post on 29 Mar 2012.

I made some observations. I have uploaded in two formats - pdf and docx. Hope it helps.

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... jRDTGk5SEk

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... DZrUkdfUDQ

abn2011
Newly Registered

Indian passport & UK Visa Stamping for new born Baby in

Post by abn2011 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Many Thanks to jasb_003 and EmbassyVisitor and others for your comments and help.

Could someone please clarify the below points:
1. I plan to travel to India around 3 months after my baby is born in UK. Thereby, I have to make sure I have my baby's passport ready and Visa stamped prior to this journey. Is 3 months enough for Passport & VIsa stamping (I am on Tier 2 ICT)?
2. Where to take passport photo of baby with white background? Please advice. (I checked in ASDA...they said that they dont have the required facility for tiny babies)
3. Does the HCI only have one branch in UK, i.e., London?

I request friends on Immigrationboard to please advice on this..!!!
EmbassyVisitor wrote:Thanks a TON to jasb_003 for his post on 29 Mar 2012.

I made some observations. I have uploaded in two formats - pdf and docx. Hope it helps.

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... jRDTGk5SEk

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... DZrUkdfUDQ

geriatrix
    United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:17 am

1. Not enough if you wish to apply for leave to remain by post, IMHO, given the current trend of UKBA processing times.
    2. Go to a professional photographer.
    3. London, Birmingham, Edinburgh.

See also Jurisdiction
    Life isn't fair, but you can be!