ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arranged marriage, Yes or no

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nad123
Newly Registered

Arranged marriage, Yes or no

Post by nad123 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Sallam everyone
i got a question.
hope someone can answer it.

Will the Eco make a fuss if u state in the application whether it is a arranged marriage or not.
i went to pakistan to see some1 my parents had in mind, me and my wife liked each and after 3-4 weeks we got married.
when i was filling in my visa application form i ticked No to the question asking whether this is this an arranged marriage or not. at the time of the application my feeling was it was an arranged and a love marriage at the same time. i did not think much about it at the time of the application. but I have read some threads on here stating the Eco need deep evidence of contact between spouse if you state it is not an arranged marriage.
Can anyone

bobobo

Re: Arranged marriage, Yes or no

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:14 pm

now now ..it is an arranged marriage whichever angle you look at it from, you might have put yourself in a pickle here now... as you would need to show some solid proof of a relationship before marriage, HO are less demanding when it comes to arranged marriages.
nad123 wrote:Sallam everyone
i got a question.
hope someone can answer it.

Will the Eco make a fuss if u state in the application whether it is a arranged marriage or not.
i went to pakistan to see some1 my parents had in mind, me and my wife liked each and after 3-4 weeks we got married.
when i was filling in my visa application form i ticked No to the question asking whether this is this an arranged marriage or not. at the time of the application my feeling was it was an arranged and a love marriage at the same time. i did not think much about it at the time of the application. but I have read some threads on here stating the Eco need deep evidence of contact between spouse if you state it is not an arranged marriage.
Can anyone

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi nad123

It is an arranged marriage due to the fact that your parents introduced both of you to each. Love marriage would have been completely different, you would be introducing your love to your parents ;)

Anyways, yes it is true that the ECO will definitely look for more evidence in communication to support the claim that it is a love marriage. However you could b lucky and the ECO may completely overlook it, just be positive and wait for the results. Since you have already submitted your application, you cannot do anything further.

All the best!
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:41 am

" I went to see someone my parents had in mind "
Sounds like an arranged marriage, one arranged by your parents !!!
Not really clear why you would ever think to tick NO in this situation , but the tick has been done now so not a lot you can do about it .
Not much you can do now but wait . Make sure you keep good contact with her from now and and show the relationship is genuine in case you have to apply agian .
pennyless

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Should make no diffrence whether its a love or arranged marriage as long it is genuine and in compliance with the countrys law. :wink: