ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help!! urgent (psw)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tusher31
Newly Registered

please help!! urgent (psw)

Post by tusher31 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi guys, my visa expiring on 30th april, i am going to apply for psw before 5th of april, if i get refused after 30th of april say may 20 can i straight away apply for student visa for MBA?? am i gonna consider as a overstayer? or if i put my file on appeal to avoid being overstayer and than apply for student visa does it make any sense.

I will be glad to have you guys advice thank you :)

PSW WORRIES

Post by PSW WORRIES » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Nope, this doesnt make any sense. WHy apply , when u know u will be refused.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: please help!! urgent (psw)

Post by quantum1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:09 pm

tusher31 wrote:Hi guys, my visa expiring on 30th april, i am going to apply for psw before 5th of april, if i get refused after 30th of april say may 20 can i straight away apply for student visa for MBA?? am i gonna consider as a overstayer? or if i put my file on appeal to avoid being overstayer and than apply for student visa does it make any sense.

I will be glad to have you guys advice thank you :)
You will not be an overstayer. The period where a visa expires while an application is pending with UKBA is treated as continuing leave until the application is approved or refused and all appeals have been heard.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

waqasmir
Newly Registered

psw

Post by waqasmir » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi guys, thanks to you and everyone else for their support and help.
Iam in the same situation, I will be applying psw on the 3rd of april 2012 and my student visa expires on the 14th of April 2012.
My psw case is a bit complicated and there are chances that it will go on appeal.
I assume i will be getting my appeal lets say arounf MAY/JUNE, if at that time my appeal gets rejected, after it is rejected will I be able to apply for student visa as Iam still studying and my course finishes in 2013 October.
Please if anyone can help me on this as I was not able to find anything.

Regards
Waqas