ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requesting advice....

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usman_de
Newly Registered

requesting advice....

Post by usman_de » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Dear Friends,
Iam a pakistani national currently living in germany as a student but having a german residence permit as per rules. I am going to lodge my application in one week so thought would be a good idea to come and take some advice first hand. I have a few questions, few doubts which if somebody could clear up for me, i would be most thankful.

Firstly i give a little break down of my calculated score.

Education : 20 Points ( I did a degree in Computers from Pakistan, an accelerated one of 2 years duration with 109 Credits)

Language : 16 Points (I wrote TOEFL some time back and had a score of 650 Paper based so am quite hopeful of scoring 7+)

Work Experience : 17 Points (have a total of 2.5 years working experience in related field which occured back in pakistan)

Adaptability : 5 (since my sister is living in canada on PR status)

that makes a total of 68 Points and qualifies me for immigration, but then these points iam calculating myself and couldnt think if it is going to be just as easy as it sounds. My questions are as follows,

1) My education is although 14 years in pakistan, is it equivalent on CIC scale for 20 Points ?

2) Currently iam again on a Student status, i heared a friend telling, that for Canadian immigration you need to be on Job at the time of application, which i also checked on the CIC web site but could'nt find any clue, how far is that true ?

3) Iam planning to take a course in French in my university, which is fairly basic, only A2 Level, would that course help me gain a few extra Points ?

thanks in advance
Muhammad Usman

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 pm

I guess you got your advise from a different forum: I am quoting directly the source for you:
1) if its equivalent to CIC scale,you secure 20 points.

2)Thats completly wrong.As long as you are eligible for cdn immigration,you can apply anytime.

3)you need to take test to prove your french proficieny in order to secure more points under language criteria

NOTE:AS YOU MENTIONED YOU HAVE TOEFL AND SECURE 7+ SO I WOULD SAY THAT CIC DOESNT NOT CONSIDER TOEFL AT ALL.YOU NEED TO TAKE IELTS OR CELPIP FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES.TOEFL IS ONLY CONSIDERED BY NORTH AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES BUT NOT THE IMMIGRATION.IELTS IS MANDATORY THESE DAYS UNLESS YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH.
From me to you:
If you are worried, please send your certificates to be evaluated based on CND educational standard via www.wes.org. I guess you pay a small fee for this. The good news is that, since you are using the SAP to file, you do not need to send any documantation yet apart from the fees and applicaiton forms (3 pages). By the time the request for documentation will come up, you would have all the required documents at hand.

You would also need to take IELTS exams since english obviously is not your first language but you would have to wait for CIC to request this since you risk the exams being expired if you take it now rather than being requested.

Good luck!
Praise The Lord!!!!